Jobs at:Internal Oversight Services
Deadline of this Job:
25 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Auditor will be responsible for the following duties:
• Lead audits of smaller, less complex operations and supervise audit assistants on these assignments
• Prepare/participate in preparations for risk-based audit plans/programmes in accordance with OIOS standards
• Create data visualizations for internal or external use to support report writing and presentations
• Collect, organize, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Conduct data collection and analysis using data analysis tools
• Document, evaluate and test systems and controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness to ensure (i) compliance with policies and procedures, (ii) accomplishment of management's objectives, (iii) reliability and integrity of information, (iv) economic use of resources, and (v) safeguarding of assets
• Prepare working papers for review by the Chief Auditor
• Review working papers prepared by assisting auditors for subsequent review by the auditor in charge or the Chief Auditor
• Develop and discuss findings; come to agreement on recommendations and timelines for corrective actions with responsible officers of operations audited and monitor the implementation status of agreed recommendations
• Draft audit reports for entire assignment or portion of assignment
• Take initiative in identifying appropriate audit tools, best practices, and identify/perform tasks aimed at ensuring that the audit/assignments are conducted in accordance with OIOS standards
• Perform other projects or tasks as may be assigned
Professionalism: Exercises due professional care by considering the: extent of work needed to achieve the audit plan; relative complexity, materiality, or significance of matters to which assurance procedures are applied; adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes, probability of significant errors, irregularities, or non-compliance; and cost of assurance in relation to potential benefits. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions and present conclusions and recommendations. Demonstrates professional competence and has the knowledge of auditing standards and practices, risk assessment, and applicable financial rules and procedures. Is alert to significant risks that might affect objectives, operations, or resources. Has knowledge of specialized IT audit applications, such as IDEA, ACL, and TeamMate. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, accounting or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Job - Specific Qualification
• Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent is desirable.
• A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance, accounting, administration, statistics, computer science or related area is required.
• Audit experience is required.
• Experience in analysis of complete sets of data to identify anomalies and trends is required.
• Experience in using data analytics tools such as IDEA, ACL, and Excel for analysis of entire populations of data is also required.
• Audit experience in the public sector is desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
• Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise, which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Office of Internal Oversight Services on careers.un.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.