Jobs at:International Fund for Animal Welfare
Deadline of this Job:
28 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Scope of the baseline study
• The study will be undertaken in Tsavo and Amboseli landscapes enclaving Amboseli, Tsavo East and West National parks in Kajiado, and Taita Taveta Counties respectively. Special focus will be on 18 conservancies in Greater Amboseli Ecosystem and 15 group ranches in Tsavo conservancy area (TCA)
• The Consultant (s) will propose a suitable and detailed methodology that exhaustively addresses the study's objectives at the baseline's inception; however, the Consultant(s) will be selected based on proposed methodologies submitted in response to this ToR. Robust mixed methods with a participatory approach are preferred. In addition, provide a detailed baseline analysis framework, proposed tools and proposed outline for the report.
• The study is expected to take not more than sixty (60) days. The Consultant(s) is expected to be available for the work to start on the 1st of October 2022 and the final report should be submitted not later than 31st November 2022.
• The proposed budget should be inclusive of all taxes applicable. Study Management The Consultant (s) will work closely with Chief of Party and Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning team at IFAW. The Consultant (s) will be provided with a project information package of key documentation for review. Both parties will be available for questions and discussions throughout the consultancy.
Qualifications and Experience of Consultant (s)
The consultant(s) must have the following qualifications:
• Advanced degree in project management, natural resources management, community development, social studies, or any other relevant field.
• A minimum of 8 years in community/social development research and programme evaluations.
• Verifiable experience in conducting baseline studies.
• Proficiency in analytics and report writing
• Excellent oral and written English and Swahili.
• Proven experience in conducting participatory qualitative and quantitative evaluation studies
• Evidence theoretical knowledge and practical application of cross-cutting issues in development such as gender, innovation. viii. A comprehensive understanding of the tools development and research methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative research methods
• Upon successful completion of the assignment, the consultant will have provided the following:
• An Inception Report.
• Final tools/instruments of the baseline survey
• Study Management Plan
• Electronic files with all raw data
• Draft Report vi. Presentation of the key findings to the stakeholders for validation
• The final baseline report
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Interested candidates should send their technical and financial proposals, CVs (demonstrating their qualification, competency and experience in undertaking similar assignments), company profile, two recent references, and their availability to monitoringEvaluation@ifaw.org with subject Line not later than CoB Wednesday, 28th September 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.