Bilingual Finance Officer
Jobs at:Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
30 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Bilingual Finance Officer’s main function is to monitor and manage expenditure and budgets in the Africa Regional Office with key emphasis on grants management and Operations. This will involve coordinating payments; ensuring coding is correct, financial tracking, analysis, and reporting, providing financial data for use in reporting, and ensuring compliance with organization finance procedures and donor reporting requirements. This position will report to the Finance Manager, Africa Regional.
Key roles and responsibility:
1. Assist in sound project financial, administrative, and programmatic management
2. Enter transactions in accounting system (QBO) and ensure all transactions are supported by adequate documentation, are complete and in accordance with the policies and procedures
3. Be responsible for the month end close process and ensure timely submissions of financials.
4. Prepare the monthly financial reporting (ROE), month end reconciliations and follow up on any variances for all ARO, including projects and funding sources
5. Assist with the quarterly accrual process
6. Continuously reviews accounting procedures, internal controls, perform risk assessments, identify potential risk areas and establish risk mitigation plans.
7. Coordinate various annual project assessments and audits
8. Prepares and maintains internal documents to support financial reports; monitors spending performance, ensures that financial reports are accurate and timely.
9. Any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time, but falls within the capability of the employee
10. Responsible for maintaining an updated fixed asset inventory, ensure items are tagged
2. Payments/Accounts Payable
1. Prepares payment documents including vendor payments, consultant payments, payments to Partners and payroll documents and related deductions, advances and various schedules. Upload payments into the bank portal and complete bank reconciliations.
2. Codes, tracks and processes invoices, vouchers, advances, expense reports and other schedules to ensure completeness, accuracy, reasonability, and validity.
3. Monitor inbox for vendor invoices and follow up with vendors to ensure that payments are in accordance with vendor contracts and done on timely manner
4. Keep track of office supplies and prepares for replenishment and purchase
5. Reviewing, finalizing, and managing grant budgets/proposals
6. Reviewing and monitoring of donor budgets to ensure payments and transactions are aligned with donor budgets
1. Regularly interacts with other regional office staff, Global Operations staff, Program and management team as appropriate to ensure work is on time and meets performance goals.
2. Divisional policy, work plan and project needs determine the nature and frequency of external contacts. These include a well-defined constituency that has a moderate influence on regional office activities, assigned projects or operations.
3. Requires regular contact with in-country partners, colleagues, and sister organizations, in order to advance the interests of the Organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
• Education:-Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, commerce, business administration or any other relevant field. Professional qualification in CPA (K), ACCA or its equivalent. Must be a member of a regulatory body within the field, and proof of which will be required.
Minimum of Five years’ experience in Finance and Grants management. Experience working with foundation grants preferred. Good understanding of best practices in procurement necessary.
Skills or Related Knowledge
1. Good analytical and decision making skills.
2. Ability to anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to detail and follow through.
3. Fluency in English and French is MANDATORY.
4. Capacity to work under pressure and meet inflexible deadlines.
5. Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
6. QuickBooks, G-Suite experience are a must.
7. Cultural sensitivity imperative.
8. Ability to analyze and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing.
9. High degree of efficiency and short turnaround time in addressing issues
Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of time within the country and outside the country.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Bilingual Finance Officer on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.