Branch Manager (Garissa and Nakuru)
Jobs at:Absa Bank Limited
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, August 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Branch Manager (Garissa and Nakuru)
To drive and deliver exceptional retail business performance, through the provision of efficient business management, powerful leadership, team development and achievement of operational rigour excellence in branches.
• Role holder is responsible for all sales staff within the Branch including the Lead Generators assigned to the Branch.
• Working with the operations Officers, Operations Managers and branch staff to achieve controls, sales & service through in-branch business development activities, effective Banking Hall management and providing feedback to the team.
• Build and develop a high performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that team members receive coaching and feedback in order to develop to achieve their maximum potential.
• Discuss and finalise Performance Development Plans and ratings for all Sales staff in the branch.
• Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and Succession plans for Sales staff in the branch, including relevant accreditation for each role.
• Manage all Branch staff attendance levels, based on monthly absence statistics (annual leave, sick leave, family responsibility leave, maternity leave, study leave etc) compiled by operations Officer, and submit to HR for record keeping.
• Directly responsible for discipline – initiate misconduct or incapacity charges, follow Barclays discipline processes together with HR and an independent chairperson. Dismissals are signed off by the functional head as the Branch Manager is often the initiator in the case. Letters of warning are signed by the branch managers in cases where they do not act as the initiator. May delegate the task of initiating a disciplinary case to a Team Leader for less complex cases.
• Ensure that branch staff own and manage customer queries and complaints by taking ownership and resolving in a timely manner. Act as the escalation point for their unresolved queries and complaints.
• Motivate staff and ensure they are recognized through the Barclays Africa recognition schemes.
• Create an empowering environment for branch staff, encouraging individual ownership and initiative.
• The Branch Manager will be responsible for ensuring that morning huddles are conducted daily.
• Agree Sales targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of Retail performance objectives for the branch in terms of:
• Employee Satisfaction
• Customer experience
• Sales growth, income contribution and total balance sheet (assets and liabilities).
• Costs performance
• Risk and rigour management
• Provide input into the MTP and strategic plan for Retail
• Ensure that all Branch staff performance is at the prescribed productivity levels.
• Budget accountability:
• Responsible for achieving annual sales Balance sheet and Profit and loss targets as agreed with the Area Manager or Regional Manager. Monitoring of progress towards achieving targets is done on a monthly basis.
• The Branch manager is also responsible for maintaining a healthy balance sheet in the branch i.e. ensuring the assets on the books of the branch are performing to expected standards, that low quality assets are kept to a minimum and that the earnings contribution of the branch is within acceptable levels.
• Cost centre owner and can sign off on invoices and all payments, within overall annual cost budget as agreed with the Regional Manager.
• The role holder is responsible for strict cost management and must sign/approve all costs in their branch including reviewing all service provider quotations before work can proceed. In addition, the branch manager is expected to conduct detailed analysis, on a monthly basis, of all the direct and indirect costs generated by the branch, including:
• Summaries of total overtime as provided by Team Leaders
• Equipment maintenance
• Stationary consumption/telephones etc.
• Sundry losses
• Staff costs
• Premises and utilities
• Active involvement and accountability for making purchase/ refund business decisions within set limits e.g. Sundry loss, Potential Loss Accounts (PLA), customer refunds. Can authorize loans on appeal and approve release of deceased funds within predetermined limits.
• Brand, product and business proposition:
• Provide clear direction to branch staff on the Barclays Consumer business objectives, translating and prioritizing into business performance measures at branch level.
• Ensure that merchandising materials are displayed in accordance with guidelines.
• Brief staff on promotional and product launches; provide regular feedback on sales performance.
• Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area, including doing some client visits, entertainment within overall annual budget limits.
• Complete call reports for every customer visit and this should be filed for snap checks.
The role holder though not involved in daily operations, will be accountable for the Branch Control health
• Role holder is accountable for ensuring that high customer service levels are maintained in the branch at all times.
• Review monthly query and complaint trend analysis as provided by the Team Leader and provide input to their action plans to prevent recurring issues.
• Interact regularly with internal service providers (e.g. Operations, KYC Helpdesk) to ensure fast and efficient service to customers.
• Interview all customers who want to close their accounts because of poor service or high tariffs to determine the root cause and attempt to retain.
• Proactively drive implementation of service initiatives in the branch, including ongoing toolkit training during the morning huddles and evaluation of service measurements (e.g. touchpads) to plan specific actions for service improvement
• Direct management of Affluent customer Advisors in the Branch.
• Direct management of collection officers operating the Branch.
• Work closely with Operation officers and Operations Managers to ensure that there are no control lapses in the Branch.
• Ensure that sales governance principles are adhered to at all times when processing applications (Accuracy, quality. TCF etc)
• Give input on all Branch PD ratings
• The Branch Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all communication is effectively passed on to the branch staff.
• Role holder remains the final decision maker in the Branch.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE TEAM
• Provide cover for Branch Managers at other outlets when required.
• Provide honest, direct and constructive feedback to others.
• Deputize as and when required.
• Share knowledge experience and best practice with team members and other branch managers.
Bachelor's Degree: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.