Branch Team Leader/Credit Manager
Jobs at:Esquire Consultants Limited
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Branch Team Leader/Credit Manager
Key Role Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
Policies and procedures
• Provides the interface between the CEO and the branch staff.
• Actively cascades to the staff all decisions and directives from the Executive.
• Constantly provides the CEO with feedback information on the running of the branch.
• Provides oversight and management for the day to day running of the branch.
• Attends company quality meeting and all meetings on behalf of the branch.
• Member of the Branch Executive Committee
• Ensure the loan book grows as projected through continuous product development and value proposition.
• Actively participate in effective market penetration.
• Proactively manage cost to ensure product profitability.
• In collaboration with the CEO, and strategy team, develop a market penetration strategy that clearly identifies target markets and offer a new and innovative approaches to reach customers, in line with the company’s vision.
• Oversee sales and marketing execution in the branch to bring in qualified customers, provide customers with a positive experience and efficient management of customer pipeline.
• Set appropriate sales targets for the staff and monitor progress towards achieving the same and adjusting as necessary.
• Ensures product quality is within expected standards.
• Ensure quality credit appraisals for all applications in the branch.
• Together with branch staff, keenly manage all non-performing loans to maintain quality of the book.
• Maintains and updates tools for monitoring credit.
• Chairs the Branch Credit Committee.
• Together with the branch staff, develop strategies to maintain and continuously improve service to the customers.
• Ensures zero tolerance to customer complaints – both internally and externally.
• Ensures that the set Turn Around Time is adhered to by all branch staff.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality of customer information.
• Communicates unsuccessful credit applications to the customers in a professional manner.
• Provides authentic leadership to the staff at the branch level.
• Develops staff competencies and skills through continuous training of products and policies for performance improvement as per set targets and standards.
• In charge of leave management at the branch
• Ensure practical shadow positioning at the branch.
• Ensure successful portfolio transfer during normal leave and staff exits.
• In charge of Human Resource Administration at the branch including hiring, disciplinary action, staff documentation and filling, employee relations.
• Maintains high level of team spirit.
• Constantly articulates the strategic intent of the company’s mission and core values.
• Mentor and guides the staff.
• Custodian of policies, processes, and products manuals - both soft and hard copies.
• Ensure compliance to company policies and procedures.
• In charge of the branch assets.
• Ensure that adequate security is provided in the branch for both the branch staff and customers to transact.
• Ensure quarterly and annual reports for the product are prepared on time.
• Ensures that issues raised during branch audit are addressed.
• Endeavor to create a conducive and clean environment that promote good health and wellbeing of the staff and the customers.
• Ensures branch contingency planning is operational including backups of branch data on weekly basis.
• Perform any other role assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Person Specification (Qualifications, Experience and Skills)
• Bachelor’s degree in any Business field from a recognized university /CPA/Credit certification or
• Diploma in Business field from a recognized institution of higher learning / Credit certification or any other candidate who has demonstrated qualities of a QGL/AQGL.
• At least 3 years practical working experience at a senior level in Credit in a Credit Company or in a MFI/Finance Institution.
• Leadership skills.
• Report writing skills, Excellent skills in analysis of Financials, communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrates leadership skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in following field, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
The Talent & Human Capital Lead,
Esquire Consultants Limited
P.O. Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application
Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
Only shortlisting candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us by15th October 2022, consider your application unsuccessful.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.