Budget Officer (P2)
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management in Mogadishu, Somalia, the direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO) and in close coordination relevant units at Headquarters (HQ) and Regional Office (RO) in Nairobi, the Budget Officer will be responsible and accountable for monitoring and assisting the management of the budgetary and financial functions of the Country Office (CO).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• In coordination with Resources Management Officer (RMO), monitor the financial management for all activities in Somalia including the financial expenditure and accountability.
• Initiate and undertake financial analysis and file reports of all activities for the projects. Draft donor financial reports and assist in ensuring that all commitments are cleared from the project.
• Assist in financial forecasting during project implementation phases and ensure all commitments of the project are actively monitored.
• Contribute to the establishment of a project-level budget monitoring and reporting system, monitor budget expenditures, and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions. Check accuracy of supporting documents.
• Respond to queries as appropriate with respect to financial aspects of the projects, liaise with external auditors wherever required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in finance, accounting and administration in the humanitarian assistance and complex setting; or emergency programmes;
• Practical experience in IOM or an intergovernmental field-based organization and administrative and financial management, budget monitoring and internal control procedures;
• Experience in preparing clear and concise reports, supervising staff and coordinating administrative activities;
• Previous experience in the region an advantage.
• Ability to prepare concise and clear reports.
• High level of computer literacy especially in computerized accounting systems and software.
• Knowledge of IOM/UN regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Knowledge of International Public-Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to International Organization for Migration (IOM) on recruit.iom.int to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.