Jobs at:options Consultancy Services Limited
Deadline of this Job:
17 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The primary responsibility is to provide financial management services, assurance and monitoring on designated Options’ programmes (FCDO, USAID, Gates Foundation) and will take the lead on programme related financial reporting from Options’ overseas offices and key suppliers.
• Overseeing the financial management of all Options’ programmes. This is a fundamental role ensuring that Options has robust programme, financial and management accounting processes in place, particularly in Options’ overseas offices;
• Interrogating, reconciling and validating the financial returns to ensure they meet the robust requirements before being transferred to Options’ accounting system. The BA will work closely with the overseas Finance Managers to ensure any discrepancies are resolved. The BA will take the lead on any development and capacity building needed for the overseas Finance Managers which will involve overseas travel;
• Preparing financial reports for clients using Options’ reporting standards or client reporting requirements if specified. The BA is the main QA for financial reporting to clients, working closely with the programme teams ensuring reports are reconciled with Options’ accounting system;
• Working closely with the Programmes team to ensure client financial requirements are taken into consideration when setting up the financial management structure of each individual programme;
• Providing advice and QA when budgets are created on a rolling basis for programmes. The BA will need to be able to understand the technical aspects of the programme to add value to the budgeting process.
• Fully qualified, or close to, CCAB accountant;
• Extensive experience managing donor / client funds within international development, understanding the generic financial regulations that are often in place;
• In depth experience of development programme budgeting;
• Experience of implementing USAID compliant financial and reporting process;
• Excellent financial accounting skills with experience preparing statutory accounts as well as donor / client financial reports such USAID, FCDO and Gates Foundation;
• Excellent knowledge of accounting packages and experience with report writing packages. SUN and Vision Q&A would be beneficial;
• A “can do” and team focused approach is vital.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.