Business Analyst – Fiber
Jobs at:Wananchi Group
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Wananchi Group
Wananchi is the leading business providing affordable entertainment and connectivity for the rapidly growing middle class in East Africa.
Job Purpose / Summary:
• Finance business partner for fiber business across the group.
• Owner of Fiber budget responsible for preparation, interpretation to the user department,
• implementation, monitoring, variance management and reporting.
• In charge of the business line management and statutory reporting
• In charge of internal control and governance.
• Owner of financial policies and manual, interpretation and updating
• In charge daily, weekly and Monthly business KPI’s dashboard with expected results Vs budget.
• Financial Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
• Preparing annual budgets, reviewing performance against budget and querying any material variance.
• Examine the budget estimates or proposals for completeness, accuracy and conformance with
• established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives
• Periodically monitor the budget by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified
• Examine past and current budgets and research economical and financial developments that affects the organization’s spending
• Coordinate the budgeting process within the various functions
• Responsible for communicating with management about budget issues concerning their functions
• Ensure active budgeting process and application throughout the company
Business Analysis & Modelling
• Develop a costing model for the group
• Undertake business modeling projects as requested
• Plan and organize own and team work projects to meet defined objectives and deliverables set by the Directors
• Evaluating adhoc projects and give finance insight and post implementation review.
Controls and Financial Reporting
• Weekly dashboards with revenue and KPI’s tracking against budget and recommend action points to achieve both revenue and KPI’s.
• Manage end month closure and reporting of KPI’s
• Prepare monthly Management pack
• Respond to audit query both internal and external auditors
• Prepare balance sheet schedules
Key Performance Indicators:
• Completion of budget process and seek approval before the year end
• Monthly closure by WD2
• Completion of Management pack by WD5
• Balance Sheet Review and filling by WD10
• Clean and reconciled balance sheet
Education, Experience and Skills
• Minimum Bachelors degree in accounting or finance. CFA or CPA qualification preferred
• Above average level of computer literacy and skills;
• At least five years post graduation working experience long-range financial plans, return on investment calculations;
• Excellent analytical & Statistical skills with attention to details.
• Committed and driven to achieving goals.
• Excellent in business/strategic planning and execution of the same.
• Excellent team player and customer focused.
• Excellent in cost management.
• Consistently meet deadlines.
• Excellent understanding of ERP & BI systems.
• Experience in preparing Power Point presentations is essential;
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management/organizational skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications including a detailed CV and day time telephone contact to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th June 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.