Business Analyst - Youth
Jobs at:The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 28 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) is a global sexual and reproductive health (SRH) service provider and one of the leading advocates for universal access to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all. IPPF is a worldwide movement of 120 national organizations, referred to as Member Associations, working with and for communities and individuals. These member associations are the leading civil society providers of contraception in 89 of 120 countries. And in 64 of those 89 countries, IPPF is the only largescale international provider. Collectively, member associations delivered more than 1 billion cumulative services between 2016 and 2022.
Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, the overarching goal of IPPF Africa Region (IPPFAR) is to increase access to SRHR services to the most vulnerable youth, men, and women in sub-Saharan Africa. To reach this goal, IPPFAR works with local civil-society organizations, governments, the African Union (AU), regional economic commissions (RECs), the United Nations, among others, to expand political and financial commitments to SRHR in Africa. IPPFAR tackles the continent’s growing SRH challenges through a network of Member Associations (MAs), strategic partners and volunteers in 42 countries. For more information, please read our 2022 profile (in English and French) here.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the Architects of Cooperation (country desk officers), with the overall coordination and management of grants and restricted funded projects of the IPPFAR and will ensure adherence to internal and donor standards, policies and regulations.
The post holder will also be responsible for drawing together information coming from individual MAs, partners and cross-regional initiatives/projects - including context, needs, challenges and strengths – in the Africa region, and provide a continually updated picture of the common threads, in order to inform programming and investment priorities, joint activity development, capacity building needs and prioritization for engagement in opportunities.
This Business Analyst role is a Youth role. Youth roles are 2 year fixed-term contracts for people below 25 years of age.
Context of role:
IPPF has a clear focus on evidence-based programming and decision-making at all levels of the Federation. Business Analysts will therefore have a key role in collecting and maintaining a depth of consistent information from countries, MAs and partners to support grants management, advocacy, communication, resources mobilization, service delivery and continuous learning.
The information gathered by the Business Analysts will provide an overall picture of each region and globally. It will cover the main trends and challenges plus support MA-facing and other roles as required. It will map and evaluate MAs objectively when opportunities arise such as Calls for Proposals and, establishment of new IPPF initiatives, so that MAs, who are most in need or most likely to succeed, can be /supported. It will also help MAs in raising their own resources and showcase their work better to local, regional and international stakeholders.
• Grants management: Support AoCs with 1) the management of small and medium (up to USD 1 million) IPPFAR grants, ensuring implementation is aligned to objectives and design and with both IPPF policies and donors’ requirements; 2) the coordination of the grant making process, including the pipeline, the development and review of proposals, the selection process for grants, review of financial documents and programme reports, and close out of grants. Assist Architects of Cooperation in follow-up of deliverables and organise provision of compliance training and auditors information. Assist Architects of Cooperation in contract management, including processing grant payments, expense reimbursements and follow-up on progress.
• Project management: Gather, collate, analyse and present information ensuring that established work plans and regular support activities are delivered consistent with standards and schedules.
• Information mapping: Consolidate and maintain documentation on MAs performance and best practices to support programme improvement activities; and advise on issues related to MAs non-compliance with information guidelines/requirements and anticipate issues that may affect delivery against IPPF strategic objectives as a result. Gather and document MA/CP information that supports the creation of organisational profiles. Populate tracking/reporting platforms; and maintain guidance and resource tools that support programme implementation, changes and enhancements.
• Support and enable a safe environment, adhering to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role
• Master's in finance/Accounting, Management and/or equivalent.
• Numerate with proven quantitative and qualitative data management skills
• Experience Microsoft Excel, data warehouse platforms and online survey package is desirable.
• Experience with restricted funded programs/projects, their development, management, closure and evaluation is an advantage;
• Knowledge of Non-governmental Organization (NGO) business development process activities is also an advantage.
• Ability to interact with, coach, train and present to diverse, multicultural and multilingual groups.
• Organisational and time management skills required to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
• Readiness to coordinate and work with other team members within the region and from other regions, as well as Member Associations and other stakeholders.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to safeguarding in a local and international context.
• Demonstrates ability and willingness to work in a diverse, multicultural, multilingual and intergenerational environment that is anti-racist and respectful of others
• An intersectional (pro) feminist passionate about sexual reproductive health care rights + justice.
• Supportive of people’s rights regardless of sexuality or gender identity/expression and supportive of worker’s rights and access to health care in sex work.
• Fluency in French is required, fluency in English is an advantage.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of (related field). Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Education Requirement:No Requirements
Job Experience:No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested individuals should submit an application form in the IPPFARO CV form and a 1-page cover letter to: email@example.com with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.