Jobs at:Old Mutual Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 28 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 28 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To work with the Business Relationship Manager (Shared Systems) to ensure successful implementation of business solution transformation programmes. This role determines and documents business requirements and works with design & implementation staff to design & implement solutions.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establishment of business needs and expectations
• Responsible for establishing IT linkages to key business stakeholders
• Translating the business requirements into appropriate ICT service levels and support process framework
• Establishing a process to proactively identify emerging business needs and ICT implications e.g. through Business – to – ICT focus groups
• Liaising with users of systems to identify changes that are necessary for the systems to continue supporting the business strategy.
• Providing robust analysis and critique to the identified changes before documenting them into formal systems requirement specifications that can be used to design, develop (acquire) and implement an appropriate solution that will address the intended business need while factoring seamless integration with existing solutions for the overall fit.
• Development of solutions to address the business needs
• Configure and or develop business requirements into technology solutions that meet business requirements
• Ensures clear communication of required changes and solutions proposed to stakeholders.
• Apply best practices and standards in solution design and project executions for consistent delivery of quality solutions within the defined scope, budget and time.
• Training users and other team members on new information system solutions.
• Ensures that solutions developed are properly tested by developing comprehensive test plans.
• Management of ICT support in the specific area of assignment
• On-going monitoring of ICT support activities and programs
• Reporting performance against expectations and addressing the gap with service delivery management
• Evaluating the business training needs and developing appropriate training programs
• Provide ICT consultation for the business
• Champion ICT mediated/driven change management programs
• Drive business unit innovation programs
• Work with the projects and innovation manager to identify innovation opportunities for the business
• Develop a deep business understanding and connect this understanding with the technology needs and capacity
• Identify, communicate and monitor IT investment, cost and value to the business
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
• Certification in SharePoint
• 2-3year experience in SharePoint development, configuration and support.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in business analysis
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Skills and competencies
• Graduate in information systems or related discipline
• At least 3 years’ experience in business systems project related assignments for share point
• Deep technical understanding and experience with SharePoint
• Understanding of Salesforce will be an added advantage
• Deep understanding of business/systems analysis
• Understands application programming, database and system design
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
• Teamwork ability
• Good communication skills
• Analytical skills and out of the box thinking
• Knowledge in emerging industry practices
• Proactive in seeking solutions to problems and identifying opportunities
• Wide understanding of the insurance business processes
• Self-driven individual with the discipline to deliver within agreed guidelines
• Delivery Management, Service Delivery Management, Solutions Design
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.