Business Development Officer - Healthcare
Jobs at:Minet Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
14 April 2023
Date Posted: Monday, April 10, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose for the Job
To generate revenue and ensure business growth, maintain existing business and acquire new business to grow Minet’s market share.
Duties and Responsiblities
• Grow business through broking with specific targets allocated
• Ensure that product and pricing knowledge is always up-to-date, to enable confident interaction with prospects and clients
• Meet the departments’ annual target in brokerage income from new business as well as the individual targets
• Proactively handle all referral sales opportunities from existing customers including fact finding, quotations, follow ups, conversions, and reporting.
• Develop and manage a credible and effective sales pipeline.
• Ensure that every sales opportunity is actively followed up, and documented, to maximize the levels of new business conversion for the team.
• Conduct a thorough pre-tender market intelligence to ensure successful closure of tenders.
• Able to understand clients’ needs and tailor make solutions to address them.
• Demonstrate broking excellence and thorough knowledge of our offerings to clients.
• Preparation of competent proposals and presentations to prospective clients.
• Provide consultancy to clients to aid the clients in making decisions.
• Effectively and efficiently deal with all administration tasks for corporate or individual customers, ensuring that good quality communication is maintained.
• Participate in product development and creation of marketing collaterals to support targeted value propositions.
• Support renewal team in servicing and renewal of accounts as and when required.
Key Result Areas
New business generation
Knowledge And Skills Required
• 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar position within the insurance industry.
• Experience in sales management with a proven track record.
• Expertise in local medical product knowledge.
• Exhibit high end qualitative broking skills on inteational corporate & individual products.
• Ability to interpret financial and technical proposals to clients.
• Foster relationships with all Local medical insurers.
• Ability to understand competitor offerings and how to elevate Minet offerings regularly.
• Ability to scan the Insurer market on new developments, products, acquisitions etc.
• Analytical skills, good negotiation, and networking skills.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
Professional and Academic Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field
• Diploma in Insurance - AIIK or ACII
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.