Business Performance Manager
Deadline of this Job:
13 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To provide specialist advice and support in the collection and analysis of business data and creation of information to inform decision making, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures SOPs.
• Budget Setting (10%)
• Preparation of annual company budget plans in consultation with ExCo for MD & board approval.
• Support the MD in consultation with ExCo in cascading all board approved company budgets to all managers & colleagues.
• Ensure tracking and reporting to MD & ExCo on progress of actual against budgeted performance with reasons for variances
• Business Research & Reporting (45%)
• Conducts analysis and research in areas of specialization/expertise, leveraging a variety of applicable information's sources
• Analyze information, generate, and publish written reports summarizing findings and prepares recommendations within area of expertise
• Investigate and embark on a continuous market scanning to identify and stay abreast of market trends and activities to inform opportunities for new or enhanced products and services
• Quality assure analysis and recommendations
• Collect market intelligence through research by reading articles, publications, internet, word of mouth and networking daily to keep abreast of market developments.
• Prepare adhoc presentations & reviews for MD by researching and packaging detailed content
• Ensure that reporting presentations are aligned to the Group requirements and market standards
• Prepare board packs and ensure timely cascade to ExCo, company secretary and board directors on a quarterly basis
• Prepare routine finance & business performance report in consultation with ExCo and appraise the MD monthly
• Stakeholder Management (15%)
• Establish relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to source information and make recommendations
• Build relationships with stakeholders spanning the business in order to collaborate and share findings and recommendations.
• Develop relationships with business leadership and ensure that business improvement recommendations are monitored and sustained.
• Attend strategic business meetings as may be assigned by the
• Accountability for resolving stake holders’ issues lodged with the MD and respond or escalate where appropriate to MD.
• Strategy Setting & Tracking (25%)
• Extract key intelligence to present to the Management on a monthly basis to support their strategy definition and tactical change decision making.
• Support the MD in preparation of annual company strategy plan in consultation with ExCo for board approval.
• Assist MD in consultation with ExCo in ensuring cascade of board approved company strategy to all managers & colleagues.
• Ensure tracking and quarterly reporting on progress of company strategic initiatives to the board.
• Ensure tracking and reporting of business market share performance against competition within the life insurance industry and recommend mitigation strategies for competitive advantage
• Actively keep up to date with all relevant knowledge, legislation and developments within the business unit and insurance industry that may have an impact on the Business Advantage
• Control (5%)
• Accountable for complying with all risk management, regulatory and compliance frameworks within area of accountability
• Where applicable ensures that colleagues managed are aware of and comply with all compliance requirements.
• Relationship level knowledge of sanctions management required
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science a must
• AIIK Diploma or CII an added advantage
• At least 3 years’ experience in Programing, Data analytics and business reporting
• Experience working with senior management
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of financial record keeping and reconciliations
• Presentation Skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent Computer Skills
• Planning and organising Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Communication Skills
• Insurance and market knowledge
Competencies: (Maximum of 6 competencies)
• Learning and researching
• Relating and networking (other departments counterparts)
• Adapting and responding to change
• Persuading and influencing
• Creating and innovating
• Senior Stakeholder management skills
• Business Acumen
• Commercial Awareness
• Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• To apply https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ABSAcareersite/job/Acacia-House-Ex-Chemonics-KE/Business-Performance-Manager_R-15933060/
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.