Jobs at:flexi personnel
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2022
Date Posted: Friday, December 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are one of the leading Human Resource Companies in Africa providing talent solutions across the region with diverse experience working with cross cultural teams and organizations. We are looking for a Chief Accountant to join our great team in Nairobi.
As the chief Accountant you will oversee the accounting department, developing financial strategies, preparing management accounts, helping company leadership with strategic planning, and making sure the company complies with financial regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform financial analysis and generate reports for Board and Management review as needed.
• Comply with KRA, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
• Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll.
• Draft and present annual budgets to the management and the board. Implement annual budget, monitor, and develop course corrections where material deficits are noted with management approval.
• Establishes system controls for new financial systems and develops procedures to improve existing systems.
• Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
• Managing the affairs of intercompany transactions and ensuring they are tax compliant on a timely basis.
• Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
• Evaluate computerized accounting systems and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements.
• Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend to the management effective resolutions.
• Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to the management.
• To create and operate a healthy process for annual financial planning for the organization that is also updated frequently enough to stay relevant.
• Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely manner.
• Provide guidance to other Accountants as and when needed.
• Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts and other departments.
• Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
• Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
• Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
• Ensures the credibility of the accounts of the company in accordance with the standards determined by management.
• Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and revenues.
• Ensure tax returns are filed on a timely basis
• Support, mentor to grow the finance team on their respective roles.
• Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Management or relevant field.
• Must have a Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) license in good standing.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in management
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a CPA in a corporate setting
• Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Awareness of the commercial trends and developments within the industry
• Corporate and personal tax experience
• Expertise working with QuickBooks and Sage or any other software’s.
• Able to motivate the team and lead by example
• Ability to identify, mentor and grow the leaders among your team members.
• Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details.
• Outstanding phone and email etiquette
• Time management-must adheres to strict deadlines for reporting, filing, and auditing financial report.
• Must be professional, Ethical, Honest and Transparent
• Excellent organizational skills and aptitude for numbers.
• Able to work well with other team members across cultures.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply send your credentials to email@example.com by 23rd December 2022 Indicating Chief Accountant on the email subject.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.