Jobs at:BURN Manufacturing
Deadline of this Job:
30 March 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BURN is an eclectic group of designers, builders, and visionaries who are committed to making stoves that can transform lives and save forests. Our goal is not just to provide clean burning wood and charcoal stoves but to provide a range of super fuel efficient stoves for the 2 billion people who will inhabit sub Saharan Africa by 2050.
BURN is seeking a Carbon Fellow, who will be responsible for helping BURN grow and improve its carbon offset generation projects.
The Carbon Fellow will be integral in contributing to BURN’s carbon offset expansion across Africa and offset delivery through a variety of global offsetting arrangements. They will work hand-in-hand with BURN’s carbon team, Marketing Intelligence team, and 3rd party carbon consultants to bring carbon offsetting to several innovative clean-energy products launching in 2020 & 2021. The Carbon Fellow will be responsible for researching carbon offset inputs, preparing and organizing carbon documentation, assisting in carbon project financial modelling, and reviewing and analyzing carbon data.
The position requires strong organizational and research experience, as well as a strong technical background, excellent analytical skills, and practical business thinking. The ideal candidate will have hands-on analytical and research experience, strong attention to detail, and some hands-on experience with carbon offset or GHG reduction projects. .
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Researching Carbon Offset Inputs: In depth research both online and via networking, to obtain key data required for carbon offsetting
• Financial Modelling: assisting with financial modelling for various projects using existing model templates
• Data Review and Analysis: Analyzing and quality checking BURN’s databases that interface with carbon offsetting, and identifying opportunities for improvement
• Collaboration: Be an organizer and go-between with BURN’s business intelligence, market research, sales, and senior management teams for tracking and reporting on carbon project execution
• Reporting: produce analytical reports on the development of new market entry initiatives and performance of carbon projects, including analyzing and reporting from distribution activities and staff performance
• Carbon Admin: Preparing and organizing documentation and SOPs related to BURN’s carbon offsetting
• Projects: Carrying out specific one-off carbon projects falling outside the scope of existing staff
Skills and Experience
• MBA or Bachelor degree, ideally in Economics, Finance, Engineering, or the Sciences
• Previous experience in strategic/management consulting and/or in market research or M&E
• Knowledge of sales and marketing fields
• Excellent Communication skills in both written and spoken English
• Excellent analysis/number-crunching background, ideally including financial modelling and analysis
• Excellent graphical presentation skill
• Excellent desktop and networking research skills
• Hands-on experience with carbon offset or GHG reduction projects is desired
• Engineer’s Degree
• Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.