Cash and Bank Accountant
Jobs at:Hotpoint Appliances LTD
Deadline of this Job:
13 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role is responsible for maintaining proper, accurate, and complete cash and bank records.
The role entails assisting the Treasury Accountant in overseeing the accounting and finance operations for cash/bank, other receivables, and Tax. The role requires close collaboration with supply chain, inventories, sales, and marketing, credit control, tax consultants and bank relationship management teams
Job Responsibility and Accountability
Daily bank reconciliation for both local and foreign currencies
• Monthly reconciliation of petty cash and Bank Account.
• Posting of the LCs as they mature as per the LC schedule.
• Reconciliation and posting of cashier summaries account.
• Payment & filing of both Withholding Tax & Withholding Vat.
• Posting of staff loans and advances.
• Matching of supplier payments.
• Update of the asset master with any new assets and other asset movements.
• Processing of showroom customer refunds including those exempt from VAT.
• Tracking and reporting all due invoices
• Responding to Audit related queries concerning payments and cash/bank activities.
• Resolving operational queries with banks.
• Preparing inter-bank transfers.
• Selecting suppliers for payments and handling supplier correspondences
• Assist the Treasury Accountant to proactively partner with and advise non-finance teams on cash and bank activities, controls, and compliance matters.
• Assist the Treasury Accountant in working closely with Bank Relationship managers to apply for bank guarantees and other transactions.
• Assist the Treasury Accountant in working closely with IT and user departments on systems, ERP implementation, and optimization.
• Assist the Treasury Accountant in conducting the finance for finance teams’ training as part of an upskilling program.
• Go for structured trade visits, attend relevant commercial events, and engage key stakeholders to gain a better commercial understanding of the business.
• Assist the Treasury Accountant in conducting process reviews and walk-throughs to ensure they are efficient, effective, and adhered to.
• Process improvement – Assist the Treasury Accountant in coming up with faster, easier, and better ways of executing the cash and bank activities.
• Assist the Treasury Accountant in preparing analysis for cash and bank activities.
• Assist the Treasury Accountant in maintaining a database of cash and bank activities’ records and reports
• Assist the Treasury Accountant in preparing budgets and forecasts
• Assist the Treasury Accountant in working with all relevant stakeholders to drive cash and bank activities’ cost optimization initiatives.
• Work cross-functionally to implement and improve cash and bank activities’ data, systems and reports.
• Participate in various committees or task forces geared to business performance improvement.
• Carry out ad hoc assignments as assigned from time to time by the Treasury Accountant, Financial Accountant, CFO and / or the MD.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or Business-related degree from an accredited University.
• At least CPA II qualification.
• Minimum 3 years’ progressive financial reporting, planning and analysis experience.
• Must have served at least 1 year in a supervisory position, preferably in the retail business.
• High attention to detail, excellent analytical and presentation skills.
• High level of integrity and confidentiality.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization.
• A strong team player with demonstrated experience in working with teams.
• Competent in a spreadsheet application such as excel.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.