Chairperson, Audit Committee
Jobs at:Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 20, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Chairperson of the Audit Committee of the Commission is responsible for providing leadership to the Committee in fulfilling its duties and responsibilities. The Chairperson reports to the Commission.
• Provide leadership to the audit Committee of the Commission.
• Provide oversight on Governance, Risk management and Control processes at the Commission and make appropriate recommendations.
• Report to the Commission on activities and decisions made by the Audit Committee.
• Examine Internal and external Audit reports and recommendations after management response to ensure action is taken.
• Periodically arrange for review of the effectiveness and performance appraisal of the Audit Committee and the Internal Audit function.
• Setting the agenda for each meeting with the committee members.
• Drive the assessment of the performance of the Head of the Commission’s Internal Audit.
• Perform an independent review of the financial statements to ensure the integrity and transparency of the financial reporting process.
• Monitor the effectiveness of the Commission’s performance information and compliance with the performance management framework and performance reporting requirements.
• Ensure the Commission effectively monitors compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and promotes a culture committed to lawful and ethical behaviour
Requirements for appointment
For appointment, a candidate must:
• Be a Kenyan Citizen.
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or related field from a University recognized in Kenya. A master’s degree and/or a post graduate professional qualification in the relevant area and a certificate in Corporate Governance will be an added advantage.
• Be Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (CPA-K), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
• Be a member of ICPAK or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) in good standing.
• Have at least 12 years’ experience at a senior level in the private or public sector.
• Have Board experience from at least one institution.
• Excellent working knowledge of an audit committee ‘s functions and risk management frameworks;
• Must not be a present or past employee or an agent of the Commission in the past two years.
• Demonstrate independence in the performance of the duties.
• Have a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting and auditing.
• Have thorough knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act and regulations thereto.
• Not a holder of a political office.
• Must be compliant with the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications must be made online through the Commission’s Recruitment Portal. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 31st January, 2023 at 5.00 pm.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.