Chairperson - Audit Committee
Jobs at:Baringo County Assembly
Deadline of this Job:
04 March 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
OUR VISION: To be a model, independent, competitive and development-oriented County Assembly.
OUR MISSION: To promote the principle of good governance through legislation, oversight and representation to reflect the interest, welfare and aspirations of the people of Baringo.
POSITION OF CHAIRPERSON - AUDIT COMMITTEE
Pursuant to Section 155(5) of the Public Finance Management Act 2012, Regulation No. 167(1) of the Public Finance Management Regulations, (County Government) 2015, and Guidelines for Audit Committees in County Government Entities, June 2016, the County Assembly of Baringo invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyans to fill one (1) position for the Chairperson - Audit Committee. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements for Appointment.
• Holds a Degree from a University recognized in Kenya and have knowledge and experience of not less than seven (7) in any of the following fields:
III. Risk Management
• Have a good understanding of the County Government Operations. Financial Management and Reporting or Auditing
• Have a good understanding of the objects, Principles and Functions of Baringo County Assembly.
• Must be affiliated to a Professional Body eg ICPAK, ICPSK, and LSK, IEIC or any other relevant body and be a member in good standing.
• Meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Other Terms and Conditions
• The Chairperson of the Audit Committee shall serve on part-time basis for a period of three years and shall be eligible for reappointment for a further one term only.
• The allowances payable to the Chairperson of the Audit Committee, being public officers shall be determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
• A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a Chairperson of Audit Committee if the person:
a) is a past or present employee of Baringo County Assembly.
b) is a political Office holder or has served as an employee or an agent of a business organization which has carried out any business with Baringo County Assembly for the last two (2) years
• The responsibilities for the Position are as stipulated in the Guidelines for Audit Committee in County Government Entities, June 2016.
Requirements of Leadership and Integrity
Applicants should obtain clearance certificates from the following Institutions as evidence of compliance with the requirements of leadership and integrity in Chapter Six of the Constitution:
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation
• Ethics and Anticorruption Commission
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Credit Reference Bureau
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application Procedure Interested and qualified candidates should deliver/send their applications to the Office of the Clerk of the County Assembly on or before Thursday, 4th March 2021 during working hours.
Application letters which must include copies of Academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card and other testimonials should be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
P.O Box 159 - 30400
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.