Chairperson- County Audit Commitee
Jobs at:Siaya County Government
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Set the agenda for each meeting with the committee members
• Provide oversight on risk management, controls and governance processes and audit affairs of the county government and make appropriate recommendations to the County Executive Committee regarding internal control and audit matters; and
• Follow up on the implementation of the recommendations of internal and external auditors.
• Arrange for a periodic review of the effectiveness of the audit committee alongside its mandate
• Demonstrate independence and impartiality in decision making which accord with the legal constitutional and policy requirement
• Provide clarification to members on the audit committee’s responsibilities
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan Citizen
• Possess at least an undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the field in which she or he has been practicing
• Satisfy the provisions of chapter six of the constitution
• One shall not be a past or present employee of the entity, and shall not have served as an employee or agent of a business organization which has carried out any business with County Government of Siaya in the last two years.
• Have at least 10 years of experience in a senior management position, where their scope of work covered the entire organization they were working with.
• Be a member, in good standing, of a professional body such as: IIA, ICPAK, ICPSK; IAK; APSEA; ACFE; LSK and any other relevant professional body.
• Be and independent proactive leader with confidence and high integrity
• Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the object, principles and functions of the County Government of Siaya.
• Demonstrate competence in leadership and business management
• Possesses a good understanding of government operations, financial reporting and auditing
• Possess excellent working knowledge of an audit committee’s functions and risks management framework
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and time available to develop and monitor the committee agenda
• Not a holder of a political office.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applicants are expected to present the following additional documents during interviews for purpose of complying with the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
• Tax compliance certificates
• Clearance from HELB where necessary
• Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
• Clearance from the CRB.
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
• ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the application form with position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
• Courier and Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Board’s office at Ardhi House 1st floor, Bondo.
• Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
• Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
EMAIL us on email@example.com
So as to reach the Board on or before 31st December 2022 at 4:00pm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.