Jobs at:Adept Systems
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 26 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Chief Accountant will lead in the formulation, execution, and continuous evaluation of the organization’s financial strategy so as to identify the financial strengths and weaknesses of the organization with the aim of improving controls, performance and financial reporting in accordance with International Reporting Standards.
1. Formulate, develop and implement financial policies for the finance department to ensure that they are in line with the financial regulations and accounting standards.
2. Provide advice to the organization on financial matters for example financial status, source of funds, donors, and how to allocate funds to various projects.
3. Take a leadership role in managing relationships with financial institutions, underwriters, suppliers, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
4. Manage the cash flow of the organization and ensure it is within the company guidelines.
5. Maintain an efficient timely and compliant payroll function.
6. Work with the management team to prepare organization, departmental and regional budgets and business plans.
7. Carry out monthly financial review of performance against budgets.
8. Carry out annual financial review of performance against annual budgets and strategic plans.
9. Ensuring audit /risk function has been undertaken appropriately while liaising with risk audit and compliance committee and external auditors as appropriate.
10. Ensure there is an effective framework for financial controls and risk management.
11. Ensure proper management and oversight of the company’s inventory.
12. Oversee the credit control function and timely collection of all debts, and monthly reconciliation of accounts receivables.
13. Oversee proper management and monthly reconciliation of accounts payables.
14. Ensure compliance with the relevant statutory, legal, social, and regulatory requirements in the execution of business.
15. Advise on appropriate financial technology to ensure it meets the organizations information requirements and financial resources.
16. Timely preparation of appropriate financial reports to facilitate decision making.
17. Oversee and supervise prescribed administrative functions of the organization.
18. To perform any other duties as directed by the Chief Executive Officer
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related fields. Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
• At least 10 years’ experience of relevant experience
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant – CPA(K)
• Must be a member of ICPAK in good standing.
• Good IT skills with knowledge of computerized financial management systems
• Strong planning, analytical and decision making skills
• Risk and compliance knowledge
• Must demonstrate high integrity and ethical practice
• Strong leadership skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.