Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, June 21 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Oversees the day-to-day execution of general ledger impacted processes, including support to clients/departments as they work with and understand these processes. Directs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution. Supervises other finance and accounting employees in areas relating to general ledgers, subsidiary ledgers and related reporting.
Education and experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in finance and accounting or related major; 1 year experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
Core work activities
Managing work, projects, and policies
• coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned.
• coordinates, implements and follows up on accounting sop audits for all areas of the property.
• complies with federal and state laws applying to fraud and collection procedures.
• generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• balances credit card ledgers.
• verifies contracts for groups and performs credit reference checks for direct billed groups if necessary.
Maintaining finance and accounting goals
• achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• maintains a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets.
• completes period end function each period.
• provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
Demonstrating and applying accounting knowledge
• demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• demonstrates knowledge of return check procedures.
• demonstrates knowledge of the gross revenue report.
• demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with write off procedures.
• demonstrates knowledge and proficiency with consolidated deposit procedures.
• keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
Managing and conducting human resource activities
• supports the development, mentoring and training of employees.
• provides constructive coaching and counseling to employees.
• trains people on account receivable posting techniques.
• provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• demonstrates personal integrity.
• uses effective listening skills.
• demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• manages group or interpersonal conflict effectively.
• informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• manages time well and possesses strong organizational skills.
• presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise well organized way.
• uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• makes collections calls if necessary.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.