Chief Finance Office
Jobs at:Brites Management
Deadline of this Job:
19 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chief Finance Office
Duties & Responsibilities
• Budgeting (Budget adjustment and quarterly Forecasts) of Overhead Costs and Operational Expenses
• Produce monthly trend analysis and maintenance of costs standards
• Manage the Business Administration and Controlling function of Kenya
• Assist with Performance Management of the various business units in Kenya (presentation of KPI’s and support with alignment)
• Manage Finance Closure Administration (Month/Quarter/Year End) within the company guidelines
• Manage and oversee external and internal audits and ensure unqualified reports received.
• Manage the Balance Sheet and Income Statement Accounts and reconciliation thereof.
• Manage Accounts Receivables and Payables within the company guidelines
• Review and develop business processes in line with company’s guidelines, maintaining process excellence and digitization/automation
• Responsible for cost saving initiatives and procurement (Operational and Overhead costs) and provide feedback and proposals to the procurement committee
• Responsible for the Risk management of the Kenya office.
• Responsible for credit policy to minimize the risk of bad debt loss
• Manage the Cash Flow of the Country within the company guidelines
• Supervision of Country level Business Systems group
• Management of Country ITC Support and Facilities functions
• Maintain a feedback channel to Area Africa BU heads, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and goals of the Kenya office.
• Management of Country Statutory Records and Reporting.
• Ensure total Compliance to company’s global standards and policies as well as local regulatory laws.
• Support the Kenya Managing Director in the implementation of policies and day to day activities
• Provide reports and analyze key data to drive improvements
• Participation in Expert Working Groups
• Responsible for setting targets and goals for individual departments within Business Administration and supporting with appropriate training and development.
• Coach and develop individual department managers and staff. Have regular performance reviews in line with company’s policy and Area Management requirement
• Resolution of high level concerns
• Ascertain that the workload is balanced amongst the various disciplines within each department
• Assist managers with problem solving and provide guidelines regarding departmental and personnel related issues
• Assist local management in selection/hiring of staff
• Create and maintain an open communication channel within Department, Area and Region
• Work closely with other area Directors on process improvement and communication flow
• Liaise with Area Africa Office for all Controlling related matters
Skills and Competences
• Having a high level of initiative and drive
• Responsible for all Staff within the Business Administration, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Office Administration functions and Controlling.
• Shipping and Logistics background would be advantageous.
• SAP experience will be advantageous.
• Excellent telecommunication and interpersonal skills
• Rule orientated
• Deadline Driven
• Hands on approach
• Strong Finance/ Accounting background
• 10 years of experience as a Chief Finance Officer/ Manager
• Experience in a Shipping company will be an added advantage
• Good experience in Business Administration
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
• Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled
• Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.