Chief Financial Officer
Jobs at:FSD Africa
Deadline of this Job:
05 August 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has overall responsibility for leading, managing and reporting FSD Africa’s finances, including investments made through its subsidiary, FSDA(I), and for risk management and compliance. The CFO leads the development of financial and tax strategies, management of capital requests and financial planning for supporting the growth and sustainability of the organization. As a key member of the Executive Management, the CFO assumes a strategic role providing in-house expertise for any financial issues. The CFO is also in charge of building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders and overseeing all financial matters related to internal and external audits, statutory returns, including tax and reporting of financial results to FCDO and the Board of Directors. He/she will lead and advise on the company direction in all aspects of risk management and compliance, working in close liaison on this with the Finance Audit & Risk Committee.
Key Responsibilities And Role Requirements
• Provide leadership direct and oversee all aspects of the finance, audit, risk, and compliance functions of the organisation
• Oversee the financial operations of the organization, its subsidiaries and foreign operations including the transaction processing systems, compliance with IFRS and all applicable laws and rules for financial and tax reporting while providing timely financial information, and reports to relevant stakeholders
• Oversee overall capital and cash flow management, investment and planning with responsibility for managing the processes for forecasting, budgets, consolidation, and reporting of Group financial planning activities
• Maintain and manage third party relationships related to finance, risk and compliance to achieve optimal results e.g. banking relationships, auditors, statutory bodies etc.
• Work with the management team (Exco) in formulating the company's future strategic direction and supporting tactical initiatives, and monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans while providing leadership and continuous evaluation and achievement of strategic financial objectives
• As a key member of Exco, maintain strong relationships with pillar heads, providing guidance and support on financial performance, business opportunities, service contracts, grant agreements, while leading the Finance team in meeting Service Level Agreement targets (e.g., timely and accurate reports, payment processing, tax, audit and compliance etc.)
• Carry out any other duties or special assignments as assigned by the FSD Africa Board and CEO
• The desired location for this role is Nairobi due to the nature of the position’s responsibilities.
Qualifications and Education
• A master's degree in business, accounting or finance, or a relevant bachelor’s degree accompanied by appropriate professional qualifications such as CPA, ACA, or ACCA. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and a CPA or equivalent accounting qualification.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
• A successful track record as a senior financial executive with financial sector knowledge/experience prior to becoming a CFO. At least five years’ experience in Africa will be preferred
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience within an investment environment across multiple countries, institutions, and programmatic areas, with significant expertise in investment management (e.g. from the private equity industry) and/or investment or development banking,
• Knowledge of donor reporting processes (ideally FCDO)
• Knowledge of institutional management of investment strategies across various types of asset classes, trading approaches and techniques, and of factors affecting price trends
• Knowledge of and the ability to use methods, processes and tools for creating and maintaining accurate and thorough investment reports
• Excellent skills in written and spoken English
• Exposure to multiple functions and products in investment banking
• First-hand experience of working in/with a market building programme
Closing date: 05.08.2022
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.