Chief Financial Officer
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, July 03 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 20 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The CFO is a multi-disciplinary full time role that demands diverse skills as listed in the below additional responsibilities:
Strategy, Planning and Management
• Act as strategic business partner to the CEO by assisting in formulating the company's future strategic direction and supporting medium-term tactical initiatives
• Ownership of firm-wide corporate annual and periodic financial planning to drive achievements of stakeholder objectives
• Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to short, medium and long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
• Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term, medium and long-term growth plan of Organization.
• Create and establish sound capital structure and cash management financial objectives that align with the company's plan for growth and expansion.
Financial Planning & Analysis and Reporting
• Develop and implement a sound financial model that captures current and future states of the Pezesha business model
• Work with COO to develop pathway for firm-wide targets by constructing and driving KPI achievement across cross-functional teams
• Work with Finance Controller to drive and maintain annual and periodic company operating and liquidity cash flow budget
• Work with Data Science Manager to drive optimisation of credit scoring models in line with target loss rate across the different Pezesha credit portfolios
• Work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) on compliance reporting
• Work with Collections Lead and Finance Controller to drive optimisation of the Pezesha Balance Sheet provisions in line with the target provisions number
• Work with COO to drive optimisation of credit product pricing strategies across the different credit portfolio
• Present to the CEO periodic financial statement, key financial metrics and cash flow budgeting reports
• Develop and maintain control process that enables on-schedule delivery of financial reports
• Ownership of the firm’s asset-liability management by designing and executing process matching with stated corporate goals across the credit business and software business units
• Drive optimal operating and lending cash flow management strategy across local and foreign exchange exposures, including identifying appropriate and practical hedging products in relation to the Pezesha financial model
• Drive optimal leverage structure in relation to the strength and size of the Pezesha Balance sheet
Fund Raise & Investor Relations
• Represent Pezesha in all equity and debt cash flow raise and reporting communication to all investors
• Work with CEO and COO and CCO to develop a compelling value proposition and key communication for future fund raise as well as existing investors
• Identify, reach-out and pitch to prospective investors and manage the related processes to deal closure
• Build investor confidence in the company's vision to deliver shareholder value through a comprehensive Investor relations framework and strategy
• Provide market insights to the management team, including financial trends, investor concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the firm valuation
• Oversee communication & reporting of financial results to investors through comprehensive MIS.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate needs to have the following experience
• At least 7 years experience in financial advisory at a Tier 1 Management consulting firm, Investment Bank or Series A lending Fintech
• Demonstrated financial services financial modeling and treasury management experience
• Education: At least a Masters in Financial Economics in a top tier educational institution
• Track record of leadership capabilities with strong problem-solving skills, high stakes communication skills, series A equity and debt fundraising experience and managing young and multicultural teams
• Added advantage
• Certification: CFA, FRM or CQF
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education:
Job application procedure
Please send your CVs and cover letter to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 23/Pezesha CFO).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.