Chief Financial Officer
Jobs at:Pharo Ventures Kenya Limited
Deadline of this Job:
20 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
• Clearly develop and articulate the Foundations financial strategy aligned to key focus areas in close consultation with the CEO and Board of Trustees.
• Build a high performing Finance function with a solid team structure that will ensure delivery of financial operational excellence for the Foundation.
• Proactively analyse financial information and provide input to the CEO on decisions that will create sound financial principles for the organisation.
• In line with the annual budget cycles, review and recommend appropriate courses of action to ensure that the Foundation achieves its financial objectives over the long term.
• Develop optimal legal, tax and cost efficiency structures, including insights for the Pharo Ventures businesses in collaboration with the Pharo Ventures CFO.
• Improve and manage financial policies and procedures within generally accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines across the countries in which we operate.
• Ensure financial policies also comply with any additional UK requirements.
• Design and implement an accounting framework to outline a long-term financial outlook, backed by financial data that will inform strategic decisions and guide the countries on risk management.
Budgeting and Forecasting
• Ensure the preparation of presentation of annual budgets in close consultation with Country Representatives and the CEO of The Pharo Foundation.
• Provide budget trend reports including periodic forecast vs budget per country to inform strategic decisions of the Foundation.
• Review and analyze monthly financial reports and provide advice to the CEO that will inform strategic decisions of the Foundation.
• Identify key budget metrics, develop and execute analysis of the Foundation’s ongoing programs as well as proposed projects in the pipeline.
• Supervise creation of reports, financial software implementation where applicable and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
• Manage all operations of Country Finance teams relating to financial management and reporting.
• Design robust cost management processes and ensure that they have commensurate levels of approvals and monitoring guidelines within each country of operation.
• Provide timely and relevant information order for stakeholders to engage with major strategic decisions.
• Oversee and take accountability for the requirements of external audits across the countries of operation, ensuring best in class audit principles across the countries.
• Evaluate capital expenditure, providing guidance and direction for major items with the appropriate stakeholders and submitting to the CEO approvals where required.
• Ensure timely production of consolidated financial statements and management accounts; maintaining compliance with IFRS and other statutory obligations across the countries of operations.
• Be responsible for the internal audit exercises for The Pharo Foundation and provide audit oversight of Pharo Ventures East Africa.
• Implement a healthy regulatory and compliance culture across the Foundations offices ensuring
• integrity, consistency, and professionalism at all times.
• Develop appropriate schedules of delegated financial authority per country in collaboration with the Finance teams in each country of operation and the Pharo Ventures CFO.ͦ Ensure that an effective management system for internal controls is in place across all the countries, leading and guiding the Finance team in periodic reviews.
• Oversee and take accountability for the requirements of external audit across the Foundation.
• Lead the Foundation’s reporting process enabling efficient and timely production of the monthly and annual accounts across the countries.
• Maintain professional working relationships with key stakeholders including banks and answer key financial and business questions posed by these stakeholders and submit reports where required.
• Develop and maintain favorable terms of payment with registered suppliers across the countries in collaboration with Country Finance Managers.
• General experience of tax, treasury, banking and fundraising gained in an international environment.
Human Resources Development and Management
• Provide leadership and mentorship to the Finance teams, dedicating time to help team members perform to their full potential.
• Working with Human Resources, identify the training needs of the Finance team and ensure processes are in place to support and encourage appropriate personal and professional development of staff within the context of organisational objectives.
• Create a shared vision for own direct reports, shape the finance strategy and operate an efficient finance function in line with Foundation’s objectives.
Knowledge And Experience Requirements:
• The ideal person should be a qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA, ACA, and CIMA) with a university degree in Accounting and /or Finance.
• A postgraduate qualification such as an MBA shall be an added advantage.
• S/he should have around Fifteen (15) years of well-rounded experience in finance including experience in leading the function, as well as accounting and administration and overall financial risk management in the private/international sector.
• Ideally experience comparable to project finance and deep understanding of best in class financial models for philanthropic entrepreneurial projects.
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS), International Public Sector Accounting Standards(IPSAS), Charities SORP, and ability to oversee strategic financial goals, from diagnostics to planning, and from projections to reporting.
• High attention to detail, ensuring that all financial submissions are complete and accurate. The role holder should be able to articulate complex arguments and ideas in a concise manner.
• Ability to work autonomously, have strong self-motivation and the maturity to remain accountable for results.ͦ Excellent communication skills both when working with peers and colleagues, as well as when remaining an approachable and accessible figure to direct reports.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Due to the expected high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact short-listed candidates. Review of applications will begin as soon as they are received, and only complete applications will be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early-on in the search process, we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline. For this reason, we encourage interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply at the earliest possible opportunity. If you do not hear from us during this period, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please send the information listed below, as a single PDF file to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and add the job title “Associate, Research and Evaluation” to the email subject line.
• Cover Letter. State in your cover letter where you heard about this position e.g. through the website, jobs board, referral etc.
• A list of three recent references, with contact details (e.g., phone number and email address).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.