Chief Financial Officer
Jobs at:Shelter Afrique
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chief Financial Officer
• Proactively analyze financial information and provide input to the Management and the Board on decisions that will create sound financial principals for the organization.
• In line with the annual budget cycles, review and recommend appropriate courses of action to ensure that Shelter Afrique achieves its financial targets over the long term.
• Develop optimal legal, tax and cost efficiency structures, consolidating businesses processes as may be determined from time to time.
• Develop and manage financial policies and procedures within accepted accounting principles and corporate guidelines across Shelter Afrique.
• implement an accounting framework to outline a long-term financial outlook, backed by financial data that will inform strategic decisions and guide Shelter Afrique on risk/reward returns.
• Manage all operations relating to financial management and reporting to ensure an ongoing sustainable business.
• Design robust cost management processes and ensure that they have commensurate levels of approvals and monitoring guidelines across the organization.
• Provide timely and relevant information for key stakeholders (Exco and Board) to implement strategic decisions.
• Evaluate capital expenditure, providing guidance and direction for major items with appropriate stakeholders and submitting for Board approvals where required.
• Timely production of consolidated financial statements and management accounts, maintaining compliance with IFRS and other statutory obligations across the organization.
• Implement a healthy regulatory and compliance culture within Shelter Afrique ensuring integrity, consistency, and professionalism always.
• Develop appropriate schedules of delegated financial authority in collaboration with the executive team.
• Ensure that an effective management system for internal controls is in place, leading and guiding the Finance teams in periodic reviews.
• Lead the financial reporting process enabling efficient and timely production of the monthly and annual accounts to the Managing Director and the Board.
• Provide leadership and mentorship to the Finance teams, dedicating time to coach team members perform to their full potential.
• Working with Human Resources, identify the training needs of the Finance team and ensure processes are in place to support and encourage appropriate personal and professional development of staff within the context of organizational objectives.
• Create a shared vision for own direct reports, shape the finance strategy and operate an efficient finance function in line with Shelter Afrique’s business objectives.
• Maintain professional working relationships with key stakeholders including banks, auditors and answer key financial and business questions posed by these stakeholders and submit reports where required.
Minimum qualifications, skills, and experience
• Master’s degree in business administration (MBA), Economics, Finance, or a related field.
• Professional qualifications such as CPA, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CFA or equivalent membership to a relevant professional body.
• At least Fifteen (15) years’ financial management experience of which ten (10) must be at senior management level.
• Proficiency in ERP’s especially oracle, loans, and financial management systems.
• Working knowledge of French and English a plus.
• Strong financial management experience and skills (budgets/forecasts capital projects, stakeholder management)
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to link financial results to operational performance drivers and provide value add insights to the business.
• Strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to send a letter of motivation illustrating their suitability in relation to the qualifications listed and their detailed curriculum vitae, as well as the names and addresses of their referees, to the following address: MD_shaf@africsearch.com
Applicants must indicate the reference in the subject line of their email.
The deadline for submission is 17th June 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.