Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Bomet County
Deadline of this Job:
14 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chief Internal Auditor - CPSB 07 (1 Post)
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to Director Internal Audit, the duties and responsibilities will entail:-
• Evaluating the effectiveness of risk management, controls and governance processes of a public entity;
• preparing audit assignment engagement plan and leading an audit team;
• appraising the economy and effectiveness with which financial and other resources are being used;
• Evaluating the effectiveness of the internal control systems;
• analysing data and statistics;
• reviewing the reliability and integrity of record keeping and reporting on financial and operating information systems;
• preparing reports and preserving documentation pertaining to audits for internal record;
• monitoring implementation of audit recommendations;
• preparing training and budget proposals.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Commerce/Business Studies (Finance, Accounting or Procurement option), Computer Science (Information Technology, Records Management & Information Technology or Information System), Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Law, Engineering, Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option);
• Served as an Internal Auditor I in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector for at least five (5) years;
• Professional qualification in any of the following areas, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) II or Certificate Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) or Forensic Auditing from a recognized institution, or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Public Accountants (CPA) II or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Be a member of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and/or Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) in good standing.
• Certificate in Senior Management Course from a recognized institution
Terms of Service
Permanent and Pensionable
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Applications can only be submitted online on or before 14th February, 2023 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net . Manual applications will not be accepted.
• Clearance documents for purposes of complying with the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 will be required from those shortlisted
• Only Shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.