Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Kericho County
Deadline of this Job:
Sunday, July 09 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, July 06 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluation and implementation of audit reports;
• Reviewing audit working papers;
• Ensuring maintenance of high audit standards within the unit and adherence to plans, budgets and work schedules;
• Ensuring compliance with existing regulations, instructions and procedures in financial and other operations;
• Verifying and pre-auditing of annual appropriation accounts, statement of assets and liabilities, funds accounts and annual audited statements prepared by the Accounting Officer for submission to the Controller and Auditor General;
• Liaising with accounting officers on matters raised by Controller and Auditor General;
• Carrying out investigations and head special audit tasks; and viii. Prepare annual audit reports/ returns.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
• Be in a possession of CPA Part III or CIA Part IV g and have served in the grade of Senior Internal Auditor for at least three (3) years;
• Have served for four (4) years as Senior Internal Auditor and have passed CPA Part II or CIA Part III;
• Have served for four (4) years as Senior Internal Auditor and in possession of a Bachelor of Commerce degree (Accounting/ Finance) option and in addition be in possession of Post graduate Diploma in Internal Auditing or its equivalent.
• Attended a two (2) weeks Supervisory Skills Course from a recognised institution
• Have demonstrated .wide administrative capabilities and high degree of professional competence in managing internal audit activities; and
• Be a person of high integrity, a team leader and result oriented.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
• Only County Government of Kericho employees are eligible to apply and are required to register first through:
• Interested and qualified? Click here to apply
• Applicants MUST attach letter of Appointment/last promotion
• Applicants MUST attach original scanned: National Identity
• cards /passport, Appointment/promotion letters, curriculum vitae, testimonials, academic and professional certificates other testimonials on or before Friday 9th July, 2023.
• Details of the qualifications and requirements can be obtained from the County Public Service Board website.
• Any application/s sent through post or hand delivered will NOT be accepted/ considered.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.