Chief Internal Auditor
Jobs at:Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
Deadline of this Job:
16 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. Chief Internal Auditor - GRADE XV
a) Job Purpose
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor administratively and functionally to the Council on the internal audit matters of the University, the Chief Internal Auditor shall formulate and implement annual strategic plans for the audit department in order to ensure departmental strategy meets the University’s strategic objectives.
b) Job Description
The Chief Internal Auditor’s responsibilities shall include:-
i) Formulating and implementing annual strategic plans for the audit department in order ensure departmental strategy meets the university set objectives;
ii) Developing internal audit and audit committee charters to guide the work of audit staff and committee for effective implementation of departmental tasks and objectives;
iii) Developing and implementing annual work plans for systematic execution of audit activities and proper time management;
iv) Developing internal audit policies and procedure manuals periodically to standardize work output of staff;
v) Chairing departmental staff meetings to review progress in execution of annual work plans and staff welfare matters;
vi) Advising management on the development and implementation of the risk management frame work of the university in order to mitigate risks;
vii) Preparing quarterly fundamental audit matters to indicate risk exposure and present it to the audit committee;
viii) Providing secretarial services to audit committee of Council to facilitate their oversight role and enable smooth operations of activities;
ix) Planning, guiding and monitoring execution of special audit investigations and testify as an expert witness investigation findings;
x) Ensuring that sound practices adopted in the department conform to professional standards and legislative regulatory requirements;
xi) Coordinating preparation of final audit reports to management and follow up on implementation of recommendations;
xii) Collaborating with external auditors and follow up on implementation of their requested implementation for effectiveness;
xiii) Ensuring fixed assets are properly recorded, valued and safeguarded for confidentiality and security purposes; and
xiv) Reviewing credibility of financial statements to ensure proper preparation in accordance to the international public sector accounting standards.
c) Job Specification Minimum requirements:-
i) Masters Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and CPA (K) with at least 15 years working experience, three (3) of which as Deputy Chief Internal Auditor Grade 14 in an accredited University or its equivalent;
ii) Membership to ICPAK , IIA(K ), and in goodstanding;
iii) Proficiency in relevant Computer Audit Applications (Integrated Data Extraction and Analysis - IDEA/TEAM MATE/TEAM MATE PLUS etc).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Tenure of Service
The appointments of Chief Internal Auditor,Registrar (Academic Affairs),Registrar (Administration), Registrar (Planning, Research and Innovation) and University Librarian shall be on a five (5) year contract terms of service renewable once subject to satisfactory performance as appraised by the respective supervisors. The position of Medical Officer and Legal Officer shall be on Permanent & Pensionable terms upon satisfactory completion of six (6) months probation period and subject to satisfactory performance as appraised by the respective supervisors.
• Applications should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts and any other relevant supporting documents.
• Applicants should also submit valid clearances from the following bodies;
1. Kenya Revenue Authority
2. Higher Education Loans Board
3. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
4. Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
5. Registered Credit Reference Bureau
• They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three (3) referees.
• Applicants should request their referees to submit their confidential reports to the undersigned to be received on or before 16th December, 2022.
• Ten (10) hard copies of the application should be sent via registered mail or courier marked with the Advert Reference number on the envelope to the undersigned. A Soft copy in PDF running format should be sent to email@example.com . Applications should be addressed to the undersigned to be received on or before 16th December, 2022 by 5:00 p.m.
• Applicants with foreign earned qualifications should have their certificates certified as recognized by the Commission for University Education (CUE).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration & Finance) Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 190-50100 KAKAMEGA
MMUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
MMUST does not levy any fee in the processing, recruitment & selection of applicants.
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments at any stage of the recruitment exercise.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.