Chief Manager, Corporate Services
Jobs at:Policyholders Compensation Fund
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Policyholders Compensation Fund (PCF) is a State Agency established under Section 179 of the Insurance Act (Cap 487 of the Laws of Kenya) with the mandate of protecting insurance claimants of an insurer placed under a manager appointed under section 67C (2) or whose license has been cancelled under the Act, through the provision of compensation for their unsettled claims.
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION/UNIT Corporate Services
GRADE/LEVEL PCF 2
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Managing Trustee
PURPOSE OF THE JOB (JOB SUMMARY)
Responsible to the Managing Trustee for coordination of all matters relating to Finance, Human Resource Management, Administration, ICT and Corporate Communications. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will entail;
• Overseeing formulation, implementation and review of policies and strategies on Finance, Human Resource Management & Administration, ICT and Corporate Communications;
• Overseeing the implementation of the Department’s strategic objectives;
• Overall co-ordination of activities in Finance, Human Resource Management & Administration, ICT and Corporate Communications including asset management;
• Overseeing the preparation and implementation of the Department’s performance contracts;
• Ensuring the department achieves targets as set out in the performance contracts and other instruments;
• Ensuring operational accountability and transparency within the Department;
• Overseeing the annual budgeting process for the Fund;
• Overseeing development of resource mobilization strategies for the Fund to finance its operations and ensure financial sustainability;
• Overseeing Human Resource Management and Development in the Fund;
• Ensuring staff are facilitated with the necessary ICT working tools and infrastructure;
• Overseeing provision and maintenance of a conducive working environment;
• Providing overall guidance in all matters relating to Corporate Communications in the Fund;
• Providing advice to the Board and implementation of audit recommendations;
• Assessing performance, mentoring and coaching of staff under the Officer’s purview; and
• Providing overall direction, control, co-ordination and guidance of the staff under the Department.
Job Skills: Not Specified
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
• Bachelor’s degree in either Finance, Insurance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, Computer Science/Information Communication Technology, or any other equivalent and relevant social science degree from a recognized and accredited institution;
• Master’s degree in the respective disciplines;
• Membership with a relevant professional body;
• Strategic Leadership and Development Programme (SLDP) or its equivalent will be an added advantage;
• Proficiency in computer applications;
• Shown administrative ability, wide knowledge and experience in either Human Resource Management & Administration, Finance & Accounts, ICT or Corporate Communication;
• Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of programmes.
• At least ten (10) years relevant experience, five (5) of which should have been at a senior management position.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Successful candidates in job grades PCF2 and PCF3 will be engaged on a five (5) years contract renewable based on performance.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following statutory documents during the interview:
• Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Clearance Certificate from Higher Educations Loans Board;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
• Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
• National Identity Card.
Applicants are also notified that shortlisted candidates may have to undergo and necessary integrity background checks with relevant law enforcement institutions.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Policyholders Compensation Fund offices at Zep Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g“PCF/SD/14” for Senior Driver position). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
The Managing Trustee
Policyholders Compensation Fund
Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor
Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 24203 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Applications must be received by close of business on 12th February 2021.
Important: PCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.