Chief Manager, Technical Services
Jobs at:Policyholders Compensation Fund
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Policyholders Compensation Fund (PCF) is a State Agency established under Section 179 of the Insurance Act (Cap 487 of the Laws of Kenya) with the mandate of protecting insurance claimants of an insurer placed under a manager appointed under section 67C (2) or whose license has been cancelled under the Act, through the provision of compensation for their unsettled claims.
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION/UNIT Technical Services
GRADE/LEVEL PCF 2
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR Managing Trustee
Download Job Description
PURPOSE OF THE JOB (JOB SUMMARY)
Responsible to the Managing Trustee for overseeing all compensation of policyholders, statutory management, research, risk monitoring, strategic planning and performance reporting. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail;
• Overseeing the development and implementation of Strategies, Policies, Frameworks and related procedures for prompt compensation, statutory management and liquidation;
• Spearheading the development and implementation of Strategies, Policies, Frameworks and related procedures to support Insurance Risk Monitoring;
• Coordinating the collection of contribution levy and prudent management of the Policyholders Compensation Fund;
• Developing inter-agency relationships to facilitate achievement of PCF mandate,
• Ensuring prompt payment of compensation to claimants of insurers under management and dividends to creditors of liquidated insurers;
• Providing advisory services to the Technical and Public Policy Committee of the Board;
• Overseeing implementation of Board decisions and audit recommendations;
• Ensuring compliance with PCF policies and relevant laws;
• Ensuring effective communication of relevant policies to the divisions;
• Participating in relevant international forum activities;
• Ensuring development and implementation of the Departmental strategic objectives, Quality Management Systems, Enterprise Risk Management and Business Continuity Plans of the Department;
• Providing advice to the Board and implementation of audit recommendations;
• Providing strategic leadership including Performance Management in the Department;
• Overseeing the development and implementation of the departmental work plans and budgets;
• Oversee development and implementation of Policies, Guidelines, Regulations and Frameworks for Insurance Risk Monitoring;
• Coordinate implementation of risk assessment activities including analysis, measurement and reporting of insurers’ risks;
• Spearheading special on-site examination and off-site surveillance of the insurers;
• Coordinate assessment, collection, reconciliation and reporting of contribution levy by insurers;
• Overseeing formulation of investment plans, objectives and consistently monitoring the growth of the Fund based on PCF mandate;
• Ensuring monitoring of the respective insurance risk profiles and recommending appropriate mitigating measures;
• Ensuring the development of the Fund’s Strategic Plan and monitoring its implementation;
• Overseeing the preparation, implementation and monitoring & evaluation of the Fund’s Annual Performance Contract;
• Ensuring development and review of policies, procedures and guidelines to inform research, planning and quality assurance in the Fund; and
Assessing performance, mentoring and coaching of staff under the Officer’s purview.
Job Skills: Not Specified
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this position, an officer must have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in either Commerce, Actuarial Science, Finance, Insurance, Economics, Business Administration, Project Management or its equivalent from a recognized and accredited institution;
• Master’s degree in the respective disciplines;
• Membership with relevant professional body;
• Strategic Leadership and Development Programme (SLDP) or its equivalent will be an added advantage;
• Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability required for effective planning, direction, control, coordination and execution of programmes including drafting policy recommendation;
• Proficiency in computer applications.
• At least ten (10) years relevant experience, five (5) of which should have been at a senior management position.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Successful candidates in job grades PCF2 and PCF3 will be engaged on a five (5) years contract renewable based on performance.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following statutory documents during the interview:
• Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Clearance Certificate from Higher Educations Loans Board;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
• Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
• National Identity Card.
Applicants are also notified that shortlisted candidates may have to undergo and necessary integrity background checks with relevant law enforcement institutions.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Policyholders Compensation Fund offices at Zep Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g“PCF/SD/14” for Senior Driver position). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
The Managing Trustee
Policyholders Compensation Fund
Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor
Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 24203 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Applications must be received by close of business on 12th February 2021.
Important: PCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.