Chief Manager – Independent Review of Objections (IRO)
Jobs at:Kenya Revenue Authority
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Kenya Revenue Authority seeks a self-driven and performance oriented individual to fill the position of Chief Manager – Independent Review of Objections within the Legal Services and Board Coordination Department - Tax Disputes Resolution Division. Reporting to the Deputy Commissioner - Tax Disputes Resolution.
The job holder will be responsible for developing strategies and providing leadership and guidance on the operations of Independent Review of Objections, coordination of administrative operations, offering technical support and managing performance in the unit.
Key responsibilities of the job
• Development of Objection Resolution strategies policies and guidelines.
• Preparation of the units’ work plans and budgets Deputy Commissioner, Tax Disputes Resolution.
• Convening, Chairing and participation in Objection Resolution Committee (ORC) meetings.
• Coordinate and manage staff in the unit.
• Design and implementation of strategies for stakeholder engagements (both internal and external).
• Preparation of strategic and operational reports for the unit.
• Overseeing performance of staff in the unit.
• Review of policies, statutes, and making recommendation for amendments / improvements.
• Creating synergies with other Departments and Divisions within KRA to create customer confidence in the dispute resolution process in the Authority.
• Supporting the Alternative Dispute Resolution function to ensure faster resolution of disputes.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the Deputy Commissioner.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law, Business Management, Engineering, Actuarial Science or Information Technology from a recognised university.
• A Master’s Degree and/or professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Well trained in the field of taxation and with a good understanding of international taxation matters
• Should have a good understanding of revenue statutes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
• Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management.
• Must have undergone some Training in Leadership, Management and Governance.
• Seven (7) years’ experience in tax administration three (3) of which should be in a senior management position.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via HERE
• ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 23rd June 2022.
• KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
• KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.