Chief Manager – Legal and Non-Legal Claims
Jobs at:Kenindia Assurance Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Overall responsibility for the general business claims ( legal and non legal) including supervision of claims processes and timely settlement of the claim within TAT, analyzing the claims movement with respect to individual portfolio, brokers, agents and clients. Monitoring and supervising the services of the service providers such as loss adjusters, advocates, investigators, garages and medical service providers and coming up with strategies to control the claims/claims cost in line with the overall business strategy and objectives.
• Formulating and leading in the implementation of the general business legal and non legal claims, policies, guidelines and procedures in the process and payment of liability claims in line with business strategy and objectives.
• Ensuring the proper management of claims at both the individual and portfolio level to optimize expenditure and achieve high levels of satisfaction to all stakeholders through high quality claims management and conflict resolution.
• Ensure that appeals lodged are monitored and periodical statements submitted on funds held in joint accounts.
• Setting up of the panel of external advocates; the terms of reference; performance and evaluation criteria and continuously monitoring their performance to ensure achievement of the company objectives.
• Analyzing & authorizing for approval of claim settlement proposals by both external advocates and internal legal officers for payment by the company to ensure that all required documents and excess payable guidelines are complied with.
• Implementing plans and initiatives to increase customer satisfaction and retention through formulating, documenting and executing claims strategies.
• Advising Reinsurance and Finance departments of any material claims as set out in our business treaties, protocols and procedures and liaising with Reinsurance and Legal departments for effective recoveries.
• Undergraduate degree in any business related field
• Diploma in Insurance (AIIK or ACII)
• Key Job Skills (specific to the job)
• Excellent researching skills
• Work Management skills
• Administrative Skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Negotiation skills
• Analytical skills
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills
• Insurance Skills (special Category)
• Fraud detection
• Insurance policies analysis
• Claims Management
• Basic underwriting
• General Skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Customer Service
• IT skills (fluency)
• At least 10 years of relevant experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.