Chief Manager- Internal Audit
Jobs at:Kenya Bureau of Standards
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, June 27 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
• Provides leadership and is responsible for formulation of audit policies, strategies and procedures, in accordance with standards defined by Public Sector Accounting Board to ensure compliance with constitutional values, applicable laws and policies and promote prudent management of revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities of organization for the realization of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, Kenya Vision 2030 and African Union Agenda 2063;
• Provides leadership in establishing a risk-based framework in order to align the priorities and agenda of the Internal Audit functions with the strategic goals of the organization;
• Provides leadership and is responsible for the implementation of annual Audit Plan to ensure that all functional areas are covered during audits by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes;
• Provides leadership and is accountable for monitoring the implementation of legal requirements, Government directives, Mwongozo, audit policies, strategies and plans in order to enhance corporate governance;
• Provides leadership in the development and implementation of business continuity strategies to ensure sustainability of KEBS operations;
• Provides leadership in the development, reviews and implementation of Internal Audit Charter to align with the internal Audit professional standards, codes of practice & policies, legislative frameworks and government regulations;
• Provides leadership in the development of staff competencies in the department through provision of formal training programmes, mentorship, coaching and on-the -job training to deliver on the departmental objective;
• Provides leadership in the establishment, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and improvement of the Management Systems adopted by KEBS for the purpose of ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and sustained customer satisfaction;
• Leads in the identification and provision of departmental resources both human and physical needs for effective implementation and achievement of strategic objectives;
• Provides leadership in development of performance management framework and productivity improvement in the department’
• Leads in the development, implementation and monitoring of corporate whistle blowing policy;
• Provide leadership in the implementation of NSC resolutions in relation to Internal Audit department.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
• Oversees and is accountable for the development and implementation of the budgets, Medium Term Expenditure Framework and procurement plans for the department;
• Leads in the building capacity of the audit committee of the board including developing curriculum, training materials and provision of training to enable board members provide effective oversight;
• Leads in internal auditing activities and is responsible for coordinating external review of internal audit process to maintain objectivity and effectiveness of the audit process;
• Directs financial audit to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and requirements defined by Public Sector Accounting board;
• Provides technical advice to other departments on establishment of appropriate controls to reduce the vulnerability of KEBS processes;
• Coordinates implementation and monitoring of new projects, processes and systems to ensure compliance with the corporation’s policies and procedures and applicable laws;
• Leads in the preparation and submission of board papers and reports to the National Standards Council for consideration;
• Provides leadership in appropriate and effective communication within the directorate and external stakeholders for effective service delivery and customer satisfaction;
• Sets objectives and performance targets in internal audit departments for the realization of KEBS strategic objectives;
• Coordinates the development ,maintenance and updating internal audit databases; k) Approves departmental expenditure and;
• Assigns duties and approves leave for the direct report.
• Controls and is accountable for the departmental budget of approximately KES. 12 million per annum Approves the departments expenditure
• Oversees implementation of cost minimization strategies and resource optimization strategies
Responsibility for Physical Assets
Responsible for physical assets in the department
Decision Making / Job Influence
• Strategic decisions;
• Operational decisions;
• Financial decisions.
• Working Conditions
• Works within the office and occasionally travels to the regional offices.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related area
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
• Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA K)
• Certified Internal Auditor.
• Previous relevant work experience required.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience out of which 5 years’ must have been in a managerial position.
Functional Skills, Behavioural Competencies/Attributes:
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.