Jobs at:Mediheal Group of Hospitals
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VACANCY - ELDORET
Mediheal Hospitals a group of tertiary care centres (Nairobi, Eldoret, Nakuru & Kigali) with over 450 beds, 6 MRI machines and 8 CT Scan among other advanced equipment with world-class lob offering state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services with 20 modern specialty-specific modular Operation Theatres 100 plus dialysis beds. Dedicated critical care wam with 100 plus ICU beds. Driven by a strong interdisciplinary collaboration, the teams of accomplished medical experts deliver personalized and exemplary patient care across more than 25 specialties and subspecialties like Advanced Neurosurgery Joint Replacement and Reconstruction Transplant Medicine (Liver Kidney). Non invasive pain management Assisted Reproductive Technology (IVF), Medical Surgical Oncology apart from common speciales ke Dental Opal leveraging the most advanced evidence-based medicine and cutting edge technology.
We are looking forward for experienced professional for the following position in our Medical Howical. Eldoret
JOB TITLE: Chief Nurse/Matron
REPORTING TO: VP. Operation
AGE: 35 to 42 Years
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
• Master's degree in Nursing or related field an asset
• Critical Care Nursing experience and prior experience as a Chief Nursing Officer an added advantage. Current licensure to practice in Kenya as a Registered Nurse (RN).
EXPERIENCE: 10 - 15 years of Experience in Hospital Administration/Operation
INTERNAL INTERFACE: Respective department coordinators, Doctors
EXTERNALINTERFACE: Patients and Patient parties, Insurance, Government agencies, boards
DIRECT REPORTEES: Nursing In-Charge, ICN. Nursing Educator. Nurses. Technician. Nursing Assistants
INDIRECT REPORTS: Paramedical Staff.
• Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of Nursing Patient Care Services ie, Wards OT, employee health infection control, in-service education, quality indicators data, social services/discharge planning utilization review).
• Ensure compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the are provided to all age groups of patients ranging from neonate to geriatric
• Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participate in CQI activities.
• Assure competency of all nursing personnel .
• Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
• Know and practices the prescribed philosophy, purpose, policies, and standards of Nursing Patient Care Services
• Ensure every patient in the hospital is served with care, compassion and commitment with a smiling face
• Ensure that every patient is registered properly into the system and attended with a quick turnaround time
• Ensure that service departments including operating theatre infrastructure, ICU, NICU,HDU. Ward, Maternity Emergency in Patient, OPD, Dialysis, Radiology Pathology, requirements are in place and coverage by concerned trained nurses
• Ensure proper discipline, training, cleanliness, duty roster IT system.
• Proper indenting of any requirements in advance, ensure the department follows al quality norms and standard operating procedures
• Administer the Nursing Department
• Prepare meeting schedule for the Department & conduce the same in a professional manner
• Give reports to the Resident Medical Doctor and Visiting Doctors
• Give Reports on non-medical issues to DGM/VPO
• Organise direct and administer the Nursing Patient Care Services in order to provide the level of care required by current medical and nursing standards
• Maintain continuing quality assessment and improvement analysis and evaluation of patient care delivery and communicate with
• Management on the activities issues of Nursing Patient Care Services
• Plan and recommend to Management new facilities or equipment, or modification thereto, needed to provide patient care.
• Recommend, support, and participate in education services. programs of education and training including orientation of now employees
• Encourage & facilitate the professional advancement of employees by offering opportunities for further education & experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent communication skill, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• The Chief Nurse should also have excellent team-building, analytical, innovation, and organizational skills with high level of integrity and perseverance
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Eligible candidates are requested to email their CV and copies of the certificates mentioning position applied in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com before 20th February, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview at Mediheal Hospital, Parklands Nairobi.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.