Chief Officer, Economic Planning
Jobs at:Kericho County
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Chief Officer shall be an accounting and authorized officer for Finance. The Chief Officer shall be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member (CECM) for Finance and Economic Planning.
Requirements for Appointment
• Must be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Commerce or related discipline from an institution recognized in Kenya.
• A Master's degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized institution in Kenya will be an added advantage.
• Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB).
• Have at least ten (10) years relevant professional experience, five (5) years of which should have been in a leadership position or at a Senior Management level in the public service or private sector;
• Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence in work performance and results;
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County Development objectives and Vision 2030.
Duties and Responsibilities`
• Organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating the functions of the department;
• Initiating development of the appropriate County departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of the department;
• Handling public service matters, human resource and other issues related to the department.
• Ensuring operationalization of service delivery in all the devolved units related to the department in the County, Sub-Counties and Wards;
• Handling administration matters, assets and other required issues related to the department;
• Preparation of the departmental plans and budgets;
• Ensuring strict compliance with all financial, budgetary and procurement procedures;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.