Chief Officer Economic Planning and Budgeting
Jobs at:Homa Bay County Public Service Board
Deadline of this Job:
11 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chief Officer Economic Planning and Budgeting
Position: – 1
Terms of Service: – 5 Years Contract
Remuneration: As determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in the Department of Economic Planning and Budget shall be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member for Finance and Economic Planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Administration of the county department
• Implementation of County Executive Committee resolutions as guided by the Executive Committee Member;
• Ensuring effective service delivery through implementation of laid out policies and regulations;
• Development and implementation of departments strategic plans and sector development plans;
• Ensuring promotion of national values and principles of governance as outlined in the constitution of Kenya 2010;
• Ensuring effective and efficient utilization of the department’s financial and non-financial resources;
• Coordinating economic planning, fiscal budget and development;
• Advising on planning and economic policy issues to various departments;
• Monitoring and evaluating development projects and programs;
• Maintaining effective collaboration and partnerships with other organs of the county, other county departments, the private sector and other stakeholders;
• Promoting the realization of the County Integrated Development Plan (CIDP);
• Ensuring timely, efficient communication and coordination of departmental affairs;
• Interpreting and applying National and County laws and other related statutes in line with the County goals and objectives;
• Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals, and;
• Performing other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any other related field from a recognized university in Kenya.;
• Possession of a relevant professional qualification and membership with a relevant professional body will be added advantage;
• A Master’s degree or higher academic qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
• Have a vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in a relevant field, 5 years of which MUST be in leadership or senior management position in public or private sector;
• Have a proven experience in managing resources in a high performing organization;
• Demonstrate general knowledge of the County Government and its functions.
• Demonstrate understanding of the goals policies and developmental objectives of the county.
• Be result oriented and a strategic thinker;
• Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines;
• Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect to diversity;
• Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles of governance and public service as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
• Be computer literate and have a working knowledge of IFMIS
• Demonstrable leadership and management capacity including Knowledge of financial management and strategic people management.
• Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit an application letter together with curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates and testimonials, as well as national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents. All applications should be made either electronically through the County website: http://www.homabay.go.ke/career , or physically delivered to the Office of The Governor, indicating the position applied for on top of the envelope addressed to:
The Selection panel
Executive Office of the Governor,
Homa Bay County Government,
P.O Box 469-40300, Homa Bay
Homa Bay County is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth, and people living with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications should be received on or before Monday 11th November 2022 at 5:00 P.M.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.