Climate Change Enabling Activities Consultant
Jobs at:United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Deadline of this Job:
24 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 10, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world's environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. The overall objective of UNEP's Economy Division is to encourage decision makers in government, local authorities and industry to develop and adopt policies, strategies and practices and technologies that promote sustainable patterns of consumption and production, make efficient use of natural resources, ensure safe management of chemicals and contribute to making trade and environment policies mutually supportive. It promotes the development, use and transfer of policies, technologies, economic instruments, managerial practices and other tools that assist in environmentally sound decision making and the building of corresponding activities.
• UNEP is seeking services of a consultant to provide technical services in drafting, reviewing and completing a CEO Endorsement request for an Umbrella Programme Proposal of Biennial Transparency Reports and combined Biennial Transparency Reports (BTRs) and National Communications (BTR/NCs) under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
• Services will also include preparing all UNEP annexes, undertaking a stakeholder analysis/validation to ensure roles and responsibilities of stakeholders are clearly defined with emphasis on public participation and that the project is consistent with the participating countries’ national initiatives. S/he will also ensure that information of additional countries is gathered and included in the proposal; and comments from internal UNEP review processes and GEF Secretariat, Council and any other relevant reviews are addressed.
• The consultant will act under the supervision of the Task Manager Enabling Activities Portfolio of the Climate Mitigation Unit, Energy and Climate Branch. S/he will undertake the following duties:
• Undertake a survey to gather information on stakeholder participation and consistency of the project with participating countries’ national initiatives
• Gather and write up information on all additional countries for inclusion in the CEO Endorsement request
• Draft the CEO endorsement in line with current GEF guidance, including information profiles for newly added countries
• Draft additional UNEP documents and relevant annexes (i.e. Theory of Change) for internal approval
• Address all comments from internal UNEP review processes, GEF council members and GEF Secretariat,
• Prepare review sheets and incorporate all agreed changes in the CEO Endorsement document
• Academic Qualifications: University degree in natural resource management, biological or physical sciences or environmental sciences/studies or a related relevant degree. Post-graduate studies will be an added advantage
• Experience: Has drafted at least 3 complete GEF CEO Endorsement documents
• A minimum of 5years professions experience in programme or project administration, technical cooperation, or related area is required.
• Excellent knowledge of the UN Climate Convention reporting obligations
• Good communication skills to manage/interact with government representatives and people inside and outside of the project team.
• Excellent drafting skills.
• Language: Fluency in oral and written English is required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
follow the link to apply https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=182585
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.