Co-operative Union Finance Manager
Jobs at:Co-operative Bank
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2022
Date Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, a county-based farmers’ Co-operative Union is seeking to fill the vacant position of Finance Manager (FM).
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Union, the job requirements are:
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Providing leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting team.
• Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and the Union Board.
• Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting.
• Advising on long-term business and financial planning.
• Establishing and developing relations with external partners and stakeholders.
• Reviewing all formal finance & accounting-related policies and procedures.
• Overseeing the proper implementation of the Union’s financial policies as directed by the board of directors.
• Ensuring that plans, procedures, rules, manuals, programs, systems, controls, and structures are in place for the smooth running of operations and attainment of the Union objectives.
• Participate in the development of appropriate organizational structures that will lead to the optimum utilization of all Union resources.
• To cultivate and encourage productivity and results-oriented culture in the Union.
• Ensuring the existence of and compliance with the proper framework to analyze business results with a view to reviewing various strategies and/or effective control measures.
• Keeping abreast of all material undertakings of the Union and all material factors affecting the Union and ensuring that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the Board and management are adequately informed.
• Ensure that the board is adequately informed and that sufficient information is provided to enable the directors to make appropriate decisions.
• Performs other duties assigned by the CEO from time to time.
Skills, Competencies, and Experience.
The incumbent will be required to have the following skills, attributes, and competencies:
• A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferably accounting, finance, economics, agribusiness, or business administration, and 5 years of experience in senior management in a busy agribusiness entity.
• A Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K).
• A member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) with good standing.
• Expert in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
• Good analytical skills – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
• Problem-solving skills – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations.
• Project management – develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
• Good leadership and people management skills.
• Good strategy management and implementation.
• Proficiency in ICT financial systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, click on the link below and fill out the online Application form and submit it by 23rd December 2022. Any applications received after the closing date shall not be accepted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.