Collection Officer - Faulu MFB
Jobs at:Old Mutual Kenya
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, June 12 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, June 08 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Working closely with the Collections Manager, the job holder will ensure that all approved and disbursed loans are fully repaid as stipulated in the terms and conditions to prevent loss to the institution due to prompt non-repayment and support branches to minimize risks to the Bank. He/she will have specific emphasis on Collection of 1-30 days past due (DPD) for all bank loans with the main aim of ensuring minimal provisions and lowest graduation to NPL
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS.
• Ensure the Portfolio at Risk (PAR) is maintained within the institutional targets. Ensure high TAT on insurance claims processing. Adherence to internal credit policies and loan administration procedures regarding collections.
• Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies and regulatory requirements pertaining collection and debt recovery.
• Ensure all loan repayments for all disbursed loans are paid on or before the due dates.
• Ensure review of daily excess reports to detect operationally delinquent accounts (identification and follow-up with Branch Managers on overdrawn accounts without limits) and follow up for prompt regularization.
• Record and maintain a track of all loan follow up progress for all loans in arrears.
• Manage the entire portfolio (Retail, SME and Community) to ensure subsequent losses are minimized through the effective implementation of collections activities as laid out in the collection’s strategies.
• Specifically, meet the service metrics detailed in the annual job objectives. Prepare daily/weekly arrears reports for all the branches and follow up with them to ensure full repayment.
• Ensure all loans are managed within the agreed buckets and all cases are contained from getting to non-performing category.
• Work closely with the Branch managers in the management of arrears
• Prepare demand letters and ensure that they are forwarded to the defaulting customers.
• Work closely with the Debt Recovery Unit (DRU) to ensure that all files transition from one bucket to the other with proper documentation to facilitate recovery.
• Prepare reports and make recommendations on any early warning signs on accounts to management.
• Prepare and maintain an updated register on loan related insurance claims and ensure prompt reimbursement.
• Monitor debt collection response cycles and contacts as well as credit control performance.
• Report and monitor all risks associated with collections. Consult with the legal department before entering into counter agreements with defaulting customers.
• Reduction in the Non-Performing Loan (NPL) book thus lower loan loss provisions.
• Ensure that all loans are booked with employers and that there are prompt loan repayments from employers for retail loans. Generate compliance reports for use in decision making and Performance appraisals.
• Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
• Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within retail credit.
• Do any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
• Business Degree
• Proficiency in computer applications, Credit & Risk Management course
Experience,Knowledge and Skills
• 2 years’ experience in credit and debt recovery.
• Knowledge in credit management and banking is an obvious advantage.
• Knowledge on Law relating to banking
• Practical experience in Lending and recovery
Speed and accuracy
• Capacity and willingness to work for long hours and within strict deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• High degree of confidentiality
• Analytical mind
• Knowledgeable on the Financial services sector
• Highly organised
• Creative and Innovative
• Proactive and fast decision maker
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.