Collections Officer - Real Estate
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Collections Officer is responsible for all aspects of managing payment collections, recovering arrears, and ensuring cash is collected as it falls due. The Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing practical plans to enhance cash flows, reduce arrears while constantly monitoring collections and maintaining a high level of customer retention within our real estate portfolios in Kenya and Uganda.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Collects cash by sending arrears reminders and statements to homebuyers with missed payments.
• Agrees on payment plan with respective home buyers and further introduce them to banks where Centum Real Estate has organized customer funding packages for mortgage and unsecured funding.
• Analyses and monitors all receivable balances and proactively works to achieve weekly reduction in outstanding balances as per the agreed payment schedule.
• Prepares arrears cash collection targets for inclusion in weekly cash flow forecast. Coordinates weekly collections & credit control meetings.
• Prepares arrears reports on a regular basis and keeps record of action taken complemented with constant follow up with the home buyer.
• Follows up with the home buyer and the bank to ensure the customers complete the process by providing documentation to the bank or release the homes back to the market following non-payment by the buyer.
• Updates the Customer Relationship Management system with collections received and units that are offered back to the market following the lapse of payment timelines agreed upon with the home buyer.
• Manages the legal process for the recovery of debt, actively chases arrears accounts and takes the lead in reviewing the overdue customer accounts.
• Updates procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention.
• Complies with Data Protection laws in respect of all customer data.
Qualifications and experience:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA- K) or its equivalent whether fully/part qualified.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent in a financial institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields from a recognized institution.
• The jobholder will have a demonstratable track record and prior experience working within a busy and effective collections, credit control, or debt recovery function in a bank or real estate firm.
• Practical collections and debt recovery experience.
• In-depth knowledge of legal procedures to recover debts
• Good working knowledge of general ledger, credit monitoring and accounts receivable systems
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.