Jobs at:Naromoru Water and Sanitation Company
Deadline of this Job:
25 July 2022
Date Posted: Monday, July 04, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Naromoru Water and Sanitation Company is mandated to Provide Water and Sanitation Services in Naromoru Town and its environs in Nyeri County and lower parts of Laikipia County.
To strengthen our staff team and leadership, the company is inviting applications from highly competent and experienced individuals who are proactive and self-driven to fill the post of Commercial Manager.
a) Job Purpose
The Commercial Manager is responsible for all commercial and Finance functions of the Company.
b) Reporting Relationship
The Commercial Manager reports directly to the General Manager. c) Supervises
All commercial Department staff
d) Representative and Responsibilities
1. Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and providing relevant commentaries.
2. Providing technical and administrative support and advice to the senior management team in developing and administering strategic frameworks that will enable the company to achieve its goals and objectives.
3. Participating in short, medium and long-term business planning activities including providing technical support and guidance to the senior management team as required.
4. Preparing monthly management accounts to advise the management on performance and inform decision-making.
5. Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems to improve efficiency in operations in the organization.
6. Participating in the coordination of the preparation and analysis of quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans.
7. Supervising, coordinating and mentoring the Section Team
8. Leading and participating in CAPEX/ infrastructure planning activities and monitoring their implementation so as to ensure that NAROWASCO financial resources are secure effectively utilized and that its policies and procedures are adhered to.
9. Assigning income and costs to projects, services and products and conduct value for money appraisals and advising management on appropriate strategies to maximize revenues.
10. Supporting timely submission of forecasts and actual variance analysis to assist in analyzing the financial status of the organisation.
11. Developing ad-hoc analysis to assist in critical business decision support, including new business opportunity identification and modelling.
12. Advising management on the financial implications and consequences of alternative business decisions.
13. Undertaking continuous professional development to keep up with current engineering and operating trends.
14. Undertaking any other duties as may be assigned
Job Specification: Requirements for academic /Professional Qualification/Experience
1. Professional qualification in Bachelor Degree in either Finance or Accounting/CPA (K) or ACCA
2. Member of ICPAK with a good standing
3. At least 5 years of relevant working experience with 3 years in a managerial position
4. Excellent Communication skills
5. Proficiency in ICT with strong MS office and internet ability
6. Planning and organizational skills and interpersonal relations
7. Analytical skills
8. Communication skills
9. Strong leadership skills 10. Problem-solving skills
11. Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity through the provision of; -
1. Current certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation Department.
2. Current Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
3. A clean and current report from an approved credit reference bureau (CRB).
4. Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
5. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
The above position is on three years renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance evidenced by the continuous achievement of performance targets.
(Equivalent to job group K in the civil service)
31,020X1, 560:-32,580X1, 620:- 34,200X1, 710:- 35,910X1, 800:- 37,710X1, 890:- 39,600X1, 990-:41,590
Interested candidates may apply for the above position by providing a covering letter that demonstrates when he/she is the best candidate for the position applied for and MUST include the following
1. Detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
2. Photocopies of relevant testimonials
3. Copy of National Identity card
4. Names and addresses of three professional referees
5. Email address and Telephone number
6. The shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the original testimonials during the interview day and ensure he/she receives them back before leaving the hall.
All applications should be addressed as below so as to reach us not later than 25thJuly, 2022.
THE GENERAL MANAGER
NAROMORU WATER & SANITATION COMPANY
P.O BOX 234-10105
Email : email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted and canvassing will result into automatic disqualification.
NAROWASCO Is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.