Jobs at:Action Aid
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• ActionAid is a leading international charity. We support women and children in extreme poverty. We fight for their rights and for lasting change
• Responsible for script writing and production of fundraising adverts and documentaries.
• Work with Programmes and Strategy Lead and Fundraising and IPD Lead to create content and design information, educative and communication materials for fundraising engagement.
• Coordinate the editorial team and ensure their communications work, outputs and productions are effective, appropriate and innovative to inspire the public and solicit their support to AAIK work.
Branding and visibility
• Support donor communications and reporting that require materials that demonstrate impact of our interventions
• Lead and develop AAIK’s brand communications and engagement guidelines, and ensure effective delivery and related activities to achieve AAIK’s goals and objectives
• Coordinate development of key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate level of success
• Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement at national level
People Management, Mentoring and Development
• Support recruitment of partner staff (where need be) and ensure availability of and provide appropriate professional development opportunities.
• Organize capacity development programmes for staff
• Establish measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations; coaching, mentoring and other development opportunities; recognition and rewarding for outstanding performance
• Participate actively in meetings, planning and review activities regarding LRP and partner programming.
• Actively participate in key relevant internal meetings such as programme review meetings or LRP Area meetings as required. Participate in any donor visit to project(s) within AAIK, as required.
• Perform other functions that will be assigned by the Line Manager
• A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Communications, Public Relations, Media studies , Journalism or their equivalent from a recognized University;
• Have at least Five (5) years working experience in communications and public relations in an INGO;
• Experience in preparing and analyzing publications, communication plans and drawing insight for use by management and donors;
• Have good understanding of human rights, women’s rights, social mobilization, socio-economic justice;
• Communications for development and humanitarian work is preferred.
Essential knowledge and skills
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive negotiations on matters affecting AAIK staff, partners and communities.
• Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
• Strong analytical/problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict, and risk
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please send your CV and cover letter to hresources.Kenya@actionaid.org by close of business on 22nd June, 2022. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. CLEARLY INDICATE WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
• Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. ActionAid International Kenya promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.