Compensation & Resolution Officer II
Jobs at:Policyholders Compensation Fund
Deadline of this Job:
12 February 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Policyholders Compensation Fund (PCF) is a State Agency established under Section 179 of the Insurance Act (Cap 487 of the Laws of Kenya) with the mandate of protecting insurance claimants of an insurer placed under a manager appointed under section 67C (2) or whose license has been cancelled under the Act, through the provision of compensation for their unsettled claims.
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance, Insurance, Economics, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized and accredited institution; and
• Proficiency in computer applications. .
• Receiving and reviewing claim documents for purposes of compensation to claimants of insurers under management and dividends to creditors of liquidated insurers;
• Maintaining an up-to-date inventory of assets of distressed insurers;
• Maintaining investment schedules and reports on surplus funds for insurers’ in statutory management and liquidation as per approved investment policy;
• Assisting in analyzing and recommending compensation, statutory management and liquidation cases for consideration by management; and
• Preparing statutory returns for the distressed insurers for filing with the Registrar of Companies
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitably qualified and experienced individuals should submit applications enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of relevant academic and professional certificates/testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card.
The CV must at the minimum provide details of the applicant’s email address, day-time mobile telephone numbers, details of current employer, current remuneration and names and contacts of three (3) referees familiar with the applicant’s professional background and experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following statutory documents during the interview:
• Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
• Clearance Certificate from Higher Educations Loans Board;
• Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
• Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
• Clearance from an approved Credit Reference Bureau;
• National Identity Card.
Applicants are also notified that shortlisted candidates may have to undergo and necessary integrity background checks with relevant law enforcement institutions.
Applications, addressed to the undersigned, may be delivered at the Policyholders Compensation Fund offices at Zep Re Place, 2nd Floor, Longonot Road, Upper Hill. Please note that these should be sealed, marked “Confidential” and indicate the job reference (e.g“PCF/SD/14” for Senior Driver position). Alternatively, they may be sent by post or email to:
The Managing Trustee
Policyholders Compensation Fund
Zep-Re Place, 2nd Floor
Longonot Road, Upper Hill
P.O. Box 24203 - 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Applications must be received by close of business on 12th February 2021.
Important: PCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Canvasing in any manner shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.