Jobs at:Christian Blind Mission (CBM)
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, December 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The position holder’s main role is to establish, enforce and help implement local partner compliance standards with regard to programmatic and financial accountability requirements. S/he provides rapid accountability support to ensure that the organization reacts appropriately to cases regarding violation of accountability standards. In addition, the position holder will help to set compliance and accountability standards, tools and methodologies.
Based: We welcome applications from those with the right to work in one of our CBM Global Country Team countries.
Hours: Full-time. Significant travel (60%) to other countries is expected.
Salary range: The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience, as well as country of location. We offer a local contract.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Act as “hands-on” support to ensure compliance, resolve compliance issues by performing compliance reviews and report back to the case specific stakeholders.
• Risk assessment of partner projects based on input from stakeholders, planning of the annual schedule of compliance reviews globally and performing those compliance reviews on-site in the partner project locations.
• Identify, capture and communicate pertinent information, under tight deadlines, in a form and time frame that enables management to take due action
• Draw a list of lessons learnt after a resolution process and include them into the project monitoring/internal compliance process
• Embed control activities in policies and procedures that help ensure that management directives are clearly stated
• Participate in the development of programmatic and financial accountability standards led by the Finance Director
• Communicate to and train staff at country and partner level on CBM Global´s programmatic and financial accountability standards in order to avoid past compliance issues
• Identify and analyze compliance risk on an on-going basis and report to the Finance Director on specific cases and general trends
• Facilitate the establishment of a compliance environment that sets the tone of CBM integrity, commitment to competence, management philosophy and implementation of remediation actions
• Establish a process that assesses the quality of the system’s performance over time to track and monitor the occurrence of compliance issues
• Conduct fraud investigations on reported cases of suspicion of fraud as assigned by the Finance Director.
• Support in ensuring that fraud management strategies are implemented both at Country office and partner level and fraud cases minimized by ensuring all staff are aware of the fraud and whistle blowing policy and reporting procedures.
Key outcomes expected from this role
• Provide the key deliverables (max 5) of this role
• Improved compliance at Country and partner level: - Issue quality and timely compliance reports as per the compliance review plan
• Provide periodic update on implementation status of recommendations
• CBM Global CO and partner staff are trained on fraud awareness and suspected cases reported through the established reporting channels
• Timely investigations and conclusion of reported cases of fraud.
• All of the following requirements are essential.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in professional audit, compliance and related risk and fraud management, in a functional responsibility or in a management position
• Knowledge of CBM or similar organisations and their respective field and Country operations
• Extensive experience working in the field
• Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment and with multiple stakeholders
• Strong command of verbal and written English
• French and Spanish would be an advantage
• Flexibility to cope with extensive international travel for several weeks at the time
• CPA or equivalent professional qualification, MBA, Master’s degree in Finance and/or Compliance or related field
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to Christian Blind Mission (CBM) on cbmglobal.peoplehr.net to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.