Compliance Officer Asset Management
Jobs at:CIC Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role is responsible for the management of compliance, recordkeeping, monitoring, and analytical functions involved with regulatory compliance, anti-fraud, Anti Money Laundering (AML), and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) with a strong background in Fund management and pension Compliance.
The Compliance Officer’s job deals with any day-to-day compliance issues that arise during financial transactions, trading, Investment or the handling of client accounts and funds. This officer must ensure the business and its employees understand and abide by internal and regulatory procedures.
The individual with be part of the Risk and Compliance team; working within the shared services structure of CIC Insurance Group. The role will assist in compliance in the Insurance Related business but will have a substantive role in the Fund Management and Pension Compliance within the team.
• Ensure that all Fund Management portfolios managed by the business comply with Capital Markets Authority Guidelines.
• Performing real time surveillance and support with a view to preventing misconduct, promoting ethical standards, and monitoring and advising on rules, within the overall objective of reducing risk to the business
• Develop an appropriate Compliance Management methodology and process to ensure compliance with all the set up regulations.
• Provide high quality Compliance advice to Business and Support functions on applicable internal policies, laws and regulations
• Ensure that the pension portfolio in CIC Life and CICAM are in full compliance with the Retirement Benefit Authority Guidelines.
• Provide advice regarding Anti-money laundering compliance especially; client due diligence, KYC standards, internal policies and local regulations
• Assist with the review of marketing materials and client presentations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and presentation of the same to regulators for approval
• Provide high level analysis on changes to regulations and provide support to the Business on implementation
• Carry out compliance monitoring and perform ad hoc investigations into matters or issues that are escalated to Compliance
• Prepare draft operational policies to assist in compliance with laws and regulation for management approval.
• Coordinate submission of regulatory returns
• University Degree in law, Finance or Business
• CISA/CISI/CRM, CISM, Progress in CPA
• Up to 3 years of relevant experience
Skills and Attributes
• Team player adaptable to fast-paced and changing environment and eager to learn.
• Ability to manage tight processes, accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to dive into the details and develop greater understanding of the CIC Group wide compliance requirement.
• Highly disciplined person, self-motivated, and delivery focused.
• Excellent time management skills – Be able to organize and meet monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines for multiple regulators.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.