Jobs at:Jubilee Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2022
Date Posted: Monday, September 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Ref. No. JLIL095
The job holder will be accountable for the compliance of the Life Business. The job holder will support services on all levels ensuring the company is compliant with internal Jubilee Insurance policies, all external regulations, acts and laws applicable in the insurance and financial services industry.
• Ensures that applicable regulation is adhered to by the business and support functions through day-to-day monitoring and regular review to ensure compliance to existing legislation, regulations and internal policies and controls.
• Ensures that compliance risks are identified, assessed, controlled, and enforced.
• Suspicious transactions are identified and reported immediately to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer without tipping off.
• Review company processes/operational manuals and systems to ensure that they are regularly updated to meet the set regulations, policies, and all other requirements such as mandates, escalations, controls, etc.
• Identifying areas of compliance weakness and recommend remedial measures in consultation with the CEO, Heads of Departments, Head of Compliance, and IT Risk & Compliance Manager.
• Work with Internal Audit on their recommendation on compliance related issues for implementation.
• Preparing departmental compliance training material and train staff and third parties within the business. Verify understanding through testing and work with the Compliance team on projects to increase compliance awareness.
• Preparing and presenting compliance reports to various stakeholders on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Coordinating the Anti–Money Laundering, Data Protection, and other regulatory activities.
• Conducting continuous audits, reviews, and enhancements of processes/systems/documents and manuals with reference to laid down policies, regulations, laws, and best practices within the company.
• Report non-compliance and support the team in management of a crisis or compliance violation.
• Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance.
• Demonstrate continued personal development within the compliance space.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
• Strong Analytical skills
• High level of Integrity and Professionalism
• Team player with excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
• Regulatory/Market Awareness
• Compliance Focus
• Continuous Innovation
• Ownership &Commitment
• Bachelor of Commerce in Finance or any other related field.
• CPA-K Qualification
• Computer Software Packages
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in a compliance/audit environment within the financial services industry, preferably in the insurance or banking industry
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 18th September 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.