Jobs at:Jubilee Insurance
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Ref. No. JHIL042
The job holder will be accountable for the compliance of the Health Insurance Business. The job holder will support each department on all levels to ensure that the company is compliant with all internal Jubilee Insurance policies and procedures, all external regulations, acts and laws applicable in the insurance, financial services industry and in Kenya as a whole.
• Ensure that applicable regulation is adhered to by the business and support functions through day-to-day monitoring and regular review to ensure compliance to existing legislation, regulations and internal policies, procedures, and controls.
• Ensures that compliance risks are identified, assessed, controls put in place and enforced, and effectiveness monitored.
• Suspicious transactions are identified and reported immediately to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer/Compliance Manager without tipping off.
• Review company processes/operational manuals and systems to ensure that they are regularly updated to meet the current regulations, policies, and all other requirements such as mandates, escalations, controls, etc.
• Identifying areas of compliance weakness and recommend remedial measures in consultation with the CEO, Heads of Departments, Head of Compliance, and IT Risk & Compliance Manager.
• Work with Internal Audit on their recommendation on compliance related issues for implementation.
• Preparing departmental compliance training material on relevant legislation and policies and train staff and third parties within the business. Verify understanding through testing and work with the Compliance team on projects to increase compliance awareness.
• Preparing and presenting compliance reports to the various stakeholders on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Coordinating the Anti–Money Laundering, Data Protection, and other regulatory activities to ensure full compliance.
• Conducting continuous audits, reviews, and enhancements of processes/systems/documents and manuals with reference to laid down policies, regulations, laws, and best practices within the company
• Strong Analytical skills
• High level of Integrity and Professionalism
• Team player with excellent Interpersonal and Communication skills
• Regulatory/Market Awareness
• Compliance Focus
• Continuous Innovation
• Ownership &Commitment
• Bachelor of Commerce in Finance, Business Administration, law, or any other related field.
• ACAMS or ICA compliance qualification
• CPA-K Qualification
• Computer Software Packages
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in a compliance/audit environment within the financial services industry, preferably in the insurance or banking industry.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 23rd September 2022 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.