Consultant – Epidemiologist (Yellow Fever)
Jobs at:World Health Organization
Deadline of this Job:
07 December 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of consultancy
To define the risk level for countries endemic for yellow fever using standardized methodologies.
• Task 1: To conduct sub-national yellow fever risk assessments and develop risk profiles validated with country stakeholders in at least 3-4 countries in Africa.
• Output 1: Sub-national yellow fever risk assessment and risk profiles validated with country stakeholders in at least 3-4 countries in Africa (expected by the end of contract).
• Task 2: To conduct analysis work in collaboration with the Risk Analysis Working Group (RAWG).
• Output 2: Two updated risk ranking of countries using standardized methodology (expected by early 2023 and mid 2023).
• Task 3: To provide technical appraisal of a model developed to create vaccine coverage heat maps for countries in Africa to improve identification of critical immunity gaps.
• Output 3: Written guidance on use of the model, suggestions for improvement on use of the model to identify immunity gaps (final draft expected by the end of contract).
• Task 4: To plan and convene an in-country workshop, assuring MoH engagement and partner participation in relation to a subnational risk analysis for YF in a high-risk country in Africa.
• Output 4: Technical guidance development for MoH on YF risk analysis (final draft expected by the end of contract).
Qualifications, experience, skills and languages
• Advanced university level degree (in epidemiology, public health, or similar field).
• At least 7 years of relevant experience combined at the national and international levels, in the areas of epidemiology, public health risk analysis, public health needs assessments, or health emergencies.
• Field experience in Africa, Latin America, or the Caribbean.
• Prior experience in areas related to health systems or health data.
• Experience with WHO, UN agencies, US CDC or a health cluster member organization.
• Proven ability in managing and analyzing public health data sets.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work together as a team with a variety of stakeholders and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability in risk analysis.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint) and remote working technologies.
• Demonstrated knowledge in developing and implementing public health policies and strategies in the context of emergencies.
• Expertise in vector surveillance, yellow fever programmes or outbreak responses.
• Sound knowledge of viral hemorrhagic fevers and/or arboviral diseases.
• Expert knowledge of English.
• Expert knowledge of French.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.