Content Campaign Contractor (Temp)
Jobs at:Wikimedia Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
05 January 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a part time Content Campaign Coordinator to join our team, reporting to the Senior Programs Strategist. As the Content Campaign Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting our ongoing community engagement efforts for #1lib1ref and #WikiForHumanRights. In this role, you will coordinate multidisciplinary capacities across the organization to increase the impact and skills of existing campaign organizers, and support WMF strategic initiatives that involve content campaigns. Our aspiration is that any organizer focused on a knowledge gap can nimbly invite interested audiences to effectively contribute content through online and offline activities. We work on this through a combination of hands-on experimental projects, like #1lib1ref and #WikiForHumanRights, and advising existing community initiatives.
During the first half of 2021, we need support for coordinating two types of activities:
• Support for developing editing challenges for experienced editors related to human rights and sustainability topics as part of our ongoing #WikiForHumanRights partnership with UN Human Rights
• Consultation with and support for global Wikimedia communities who want to newly participate in the #1lib1ref May campaign in new contexts, especially in South and Southeast Asia .
You are responsible for:
• Collaborate with the Content Campaigns program (situated within the Community Programs team in the Product department) to design audience-based calls to action
• Write documentation and help implement and monitor participation in editing activities
• Connect interested organizers with resources, documentation, partnerships or advisory support for implementing locally relevant activities as part of the #1lib1ref and #WikiForHumanRights content drives.
• Communicate with campaign participants and on-wiki communities about the campaigns, and help triage any challenges that arise.
• Support evaluation of the campaigns.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience successfully organizing online activities in Wikimedia communities
• Knowledge about effective tactics for organizing content drives, editathons or other campaign tactics in the Wikimedia movement.
• Experience communicating in English to the international Wikimedia community and publishing it in Wikimedia community channels, such as Wikimedia mailing lists, Meta Wiki, Telegram or Facebook.
• Experience evaluating the impact of content-focused activities in the Wikimedia movement through organizing tools like the Programs and Events Dashboard, Fountain or Hashtags tool.
Qualities that are important to us:
• A passion for and belief in free and open knowledge, and a willingness to get involved in the complex, decentralized process of creating it.
• Sensitivity to working with multicultural, multilingual audiences
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
• Experience professionally communicating in languages other than English
• A network of collaborators in the Wikimedia movement from Global South communities -- for #1lib1ref coordination we prefer candidates with experience coordinating Wikimedia communities in South or Southeast Asia
• Experience doing outreach with audiences beyond the existing community in the Wikimedia movement (for ex. Education, GLAM or Library outreach)
• Knowledge or experience working with topics such as human rights, libraries or broader international topics for impact, i.e. the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or (415) 839-6885.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.