Coordinator, Finance ECHO-PPP
Jobs at:International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Coordinator, Finance ECHO-PPP
The Finance Coordinator, ECHO funded Pilot Programmatic Partnership (PPP) is responsible for providing the Finance technical support to the 12 African Countries (Burkina Faso, Niger, Mali, Cameroon, Chad, Madagascar, Eswatini, Zambia, Somalia, Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, & Uganda). Act as IFRC’s focal point for the PPP in the Africa Region in coordination with the lead ECHO Finance Coordinator based in Geneva and Africa Country Cluster Delegations’ Finance focal persons as well as coordinating relationships with ECHO PPP Grant Manager in Nairobi, and HNSs and EUNSs. Provide support regarding financial management performance and associated risk management, specific to the PPP programme.
The Finance Coordinator, Pilot Programmatic Partnership (PPP) is responsible for advising and building the capacity the IFRC staff regarding effective management of the programme financial resources. This includes leading, coordinating and overseeing the budget preparation and validation, programme income and expenditure, ensuring compliance, and financial reporting both internally and externally, continuous finance monitoring and any kind of Audit consistent with the IFRC and donor reporting requirements.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
Risk management and internal control environment:
• Support IFRC financial management policies, processes, and procedures in the African region with the respective EU NS, HNS and IFRC Country Cluster Delegations
• Participate in the design, development, and revision of financial policies, processes and procedures as requested in the region with the respective EU NS, HNS and IFRC country office.,
• Review and comment on contracts, agreements, including funding partnerships in the region with the respective EU NS, HNS and IFRC Country Cluster Delegation.
Financial Management And Controllership
• Coordinate the preparation and regional consolidation of the PPP programme budgets in the regional level.
• Provide expertise and proactive advice to the PPP grant Manager, related Project Managers and Finance staff on PPP programme budget matters in the African regional level.
• Oversee the PPP programme budget revision process in the region with the respective EU NS, HNS and IFRC country office.
• Provide expertise and proactive support to the PPP grant Manager on all financial management matters, including the financial management of the global PPP grant, in the African regional level.
• Provide expertise and advice to Managers and related Finance staff in the regions in relation to the PPP programme financial management matters,
• Monitor PPP programme financial management performance and provide effective advice to the Regional Grant Manager to address any grant financial management related issues.
• Prepare regular ECHO funded PPP programme financial management reports for the IFRC internal grant management purposes in the African regional level.
• Prepare and validate donor financial reports for ECHO in the African regional level through Regional Finance and administration Manager.
• Support month end, year end and related audit process, as required.
National Society Development
• Provide expertise and training on programme financial management matters to various stakeholders, including participating EU National Societies
• Provide technical support to Africa ECHO PPP Finance focal person (S) including through field visits.
• Represent the Africa regional finance team on an ad hoc as required basis at various meetings on the ECHO PPP matters.
• Maintain regular and proactive dialogue with different stakeholders with regards to relevant finance management matters.
• Build relationship with various stakeholders, including participating National Societies, including EU NS to improve the management of the ECHO PPP grant.
Programme And Operational Support
• Participate in the PPP programme and related meetings, providing advice on related financial and risk management matters,
• Provide expert advice to the PPP African Regional Grant Manager and team members on strategic and risk management matters, particularly as they pertain to financial matters, as well as donor reporting and compliance.
• Relevant university degree in Business Administration/Accounting (BAC+4)
• Basic Delegate Training Course/IMPACT or equivalent
• Certification in accounting
• 5 years accountancy experience in comparably sized organization (s)
• 3 years’ Experience with European Union or Global Fund Grant financial management
• Solid experience delivering project management support
• Experienced in working with others to develop and manage clear financial strategies and budgets,
• Experience of writing narrative & financial reports
• RC/RC experience
• Field experience
Knowledge, Skills and Language
• Advanced skills in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing and accounting packages)
• Good understanding of challenges affecting Asia Pacific in particular
• Knowledge and experience of CODA and other Federation financial tools
• Advanced analytical skills and able to capture learning and use it to make improvements in financial programming
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure Excellent verbal and written skills
• Experience of and ability to use manual accounting systems
• Team player, self-motivated and proactive on own initiative to set and achieve goals
• Drive for change and improvements and ability to deliver strategies in a challenging environment
• Highly motivated, self-starter able to lead.
• Fluently spoken and written English
Competencies and Values
• National Society Relations
• Building Relations
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Go to International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) on www.ifrc.org to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.